Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Saturday, August 05, 2006
Traveling Odds 'n' Ends
We left early this morning to head to Dallas. Ok, almost 10:00, but that's early for me, especially on a weekend. It's been a crazy day ever since then, which is why I'm just now blogging, even though we were here before three.

The trip itself was uneventful. Patrick didn't sleep much in the car like we expected, although he was happy the whole way, so he napped as soon as we made it to Dallas. On the other hand, I was out of the house almost as soon as we got there. I went with my mom to her hair appointment and got a haircut myself. Pictures to follow as soon as I can get someone to get pictures of me--maybe tomorrow when I'm spiffied up for church.

Despite Patrick's drastic change in routine, he was remarkably charming. I wonder if the lack of sleep made him so silly instead of cranky. You know how we used to get at slumber parties about three hours after we were supposed to turn out the lights and fall asleep? He hit that giggly stage, and it was quite entertaining.

Patrick loves being the center of attention. He was happiest today when all eyes in the room were focused on him. He wanted to be passed from one pair of arms to the next, around and around the circle. He definitely remembered Nana and Grandpa, and was even excited to see his Uncle Dave who was in town for the afternoon. I doubt he can remember Uncle Dave, as they haven't seen each other since May, but they hit it off famously. Since it's been some time since I got pictures of uncle and nephew, that's what I decided to post today. Oh, yeah, some of them also have his cousin Jack in them. As soon as he saw this not-so-tiny puppy leaping toward him, he reached his hand out and giggled. I don't think we'll have any problems with him being afraid of dogs.


Jack apparently loved getting to see Patrick too. I think it had something to do with the fact that he was allowed to vacuum up all the Cheerios that missed Patrick's mouth at dinner.

I'm sure there are tons more cute moments from the day, but I'm tired and ready to go crash in bed. Sorry, the pictures will have to satisfy your cuteness quota for today.

Labels: ,



3 Comments:

Blogger Heather Noel said...

Very cute pictures. Looks like Patrick had good time with his uncle.

Blogger Tonya said...

Those are adorable... patrick and his uncle.. lol Glad you had a good time!!

Blogger Emmakirst said...

Awwww cute pics, looks like he had a good time. I find Ava is sleeping less and less now on car rides too. Glad he remembered his grandparents :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter