Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Monday, July 24, 2006
Kathy and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
Keep in mind I'm PMS-ing and badly. I'm sure my reactions to the events of the day are entirely disporportionate to the events themselves.

That said, my day started much too early today, as I spent the first three hours of the day trying desperately to fall asleep. A combination of many factors, most of which can be blamed almost directly on these cursed hormones, kept me awake much, much later than I'd expected, until after 3 am. When I finally fell asleep, I didn't sleep very comfortably.

I didn't get to sleep nearly as late as I was hoping either. Patrick woke up before 8 this morning. That in itself isn't too unusual, but he'll usually go down for a long morning nap not too much later. He all but refused to sleep during that morning nap. I was trying to catch another hour or two of sleep while he napped, so it frustrated me to no end that he insisted on crying at the top of his lungs instead of sleeping. I may have snuck in about half an hour of restless sleep, but it wasn't nearly enough.

When I finally gave up on Patrick's morning nap, I got him out of his bed to change his diaper. He fought me; I guess he was mad that I'd let him cry very long. Remember that I was extremely tired and hormonal at this time. I'd already listened to him cry for way too long, and I just about lost it when he fought me so hard during a simple diaper change. As soon as I'd struggled a diaper on enough to cover the important parts, I dumped him right back in his crib and left him to cry until it was time for him to need to eat again. He was not happy. (I feel like such a bad mother, which is certainly not helping my attitude toward the day.)

He fought me through lunch a little later, but finally fell into a good nap shortly after, as though all the crying and fighting had worn him out. He didn't sleep nearly long enough, though. I've noticed a sad pattern over the last few days of shorter and shorter afternoon naps. That's when I shower and blog, and I'm not looking forward to rescheduling either just because Patrick has decided he doesn't want to sleep as long in the afternoon.

Even though his afternoon nap was shortened, I still had enough time to both shower and blog today. So why wasn't this post up hours ago? Well, remember nothing is going right today. I had just about finished writing it when apparently I accidentally stumbled across the wrong combination of keys, and it deleted my whole post. I couldn't get it back. So I gave up for the moment and sulked instead.

Patrick woke up from his nap about that time, and I sat by him while he screamed through playing on the floor, both sitting up and on his tummy. I don't know what it is, but he has not been a happy boy today. That does not combine well with an already frustrated, hormonal mommy. I will be so relieved when Matt gets home. He can help console the fussy boy, and probably me too. Maybe I'll get lucky enough that he'll send me back into the bedroom to get a nap while he deals with Patrick.
Oh, yeah, he does know how to smile!

As requested, here is another picture of me with Patrick, as unflattering as it is (for me anyway; Patrick is always cute).

Now that Patrick is over nine months old, we decided it's high time for him to start helping out around the house. He looks thrilled to be helping with laundry, doesn't he? He definitely takes his mom's attitude toward housework!

And of course, I had another picture to post. In accordance with the series of events of the rest of my day, it got accidentally deleted and won't upload again. I'll try it in a new post in a minute, I guess; it is pretty cute.

Labels: , ,



3 Comments:

Blogger Tonya said...

Sorry to hear about your lousy day Kathy.. sounds frustrating and being hormonal does not help..lol However you are not a bad mommy.. you are a GREAT mommy.. you love Patrick so much and it shows in all your blog posts.. Just hang in there.. whatever is making him so fussy will pass :) And I hope you get some sleep soon *hugs*

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention the highlight of the day...helping me find Sloppy Joe mix in Wal-Mart. Hope today is going better.
Jen

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you were having such a tough day, but remember it was just ONE tough day. You make a lot of wonderful days for your little guy!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter