Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Saturday, July 22, 2006
Good News
I abandoned the doctor's recommendations this morning. Patrick finished off the last of his cereal with his snack yesterday, and we forgot to go get him more last night. I didn't want to feed him a richer food for breakfast, so I shrugged and just nursed him. We were both much happier. I didn't have to hear any screaming while I prepared cereal for him, and he got to eat right away too. The best part? He didn't spit up even once. Even after a normal lunch a few hours later, he only spit up literally one drop. I'm beginning to wonder if part of the solution might be watching carefully to make sure he's never overfed. That combined with more medication could easily control it.

The problem is that even if I have found a solution, damage has already been done. I woke up this morning with a painful lump in my right breast. It has only gotten worse as the day has progressed. I'm positive it was at least partially caused by not being regularly emptied over the last few days. I'm worried the fever will hit any moment now, guaranteeing I have yet another breast infection. Naturally it would hit over the weekend, too. If I'm going to need antibiotics for it, I won't be able to get them until Monday. Something tells me this doesn't exactly qualify as an emergency for my doctor. Maybe if I encourage Patrick to nurse more, maybe by nursing before feeding him solids like we had been doing, it will help the lump to go away before progressing into something worse. It's nice having a better excuse to go back to the way things were other than just trying to avoid change.

Labels: , ,



1 Comments:

Blogger Emmakirst said...

So glad that the spitting up is getting better.

I hope that you don't end up with an infection, I just went through it, OUCH is all I have to say. But like you said, the more you feed the better it is, that was in my case. Take care.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter