Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Tuesday, July 18, 2006
Uh-oh, I'm in Big Trouble Now!
Seriously, how will I ever be able to resist him when he gives me this face?
This is the outfit I was trying to photograph the other day. I've done laundry since then, so I thought I'd try again, now that the spit-up has been cleaned off the shirt. He did spit up on it once or twice before we started taking pictures, but they were the little kinds. He waited on any complete gushes until after the photo shoot.
(Is that a dimple on his right cheek? I don't recall noticing that before!)

So if you can't figure it out on your own, no, Patrick's spitting up has not gotten any better today. If anything, it's been worse. I feel sometimes that everything in our house must stink like spit-up. I still wonder what is causing the spitting up to get worse, and how that relates to his other fairly non-descript symptoms. It seems silly, but we suspect maybe teething (yes, after saying yesterday that couldn't be the case). Earlier today he grabbed my finger and shoved it in his mouth to chew on it. He didn't want to bite with his teeth, but instead to chew on it with the gums way back in the right corner of his mouth. I didn't really feel any bumps, but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt yet. Matt says that Patrick was doing the same thing with him yesterday too. Could it be that a molar is already threatening? Even though we suspect another tooth, though, we already have plans to call the doctor if things don't get better in a few days. That much spit-up is worrisome.
By the way, Gigi, I checked on Patrick's Radio Flyer outfit yesterday, and he still won't be able to wear it for several months--maybe by his birthday if he continues growing at the same rate.
Ok, one more quick Patrick fact and then I'd better go. Patrick is super ticklish. He roars with laughter if you tickle him along the ribs or his back. That's the easiest way to make him stop crying, at least temporarily, because he will be distracted from whatever's bothering him and start laughing instead.

Labels: , ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, what beautiful expressions! He has one of those faces you will have a hard time resisting, I'm afraid. What a little doll (and he looks good in orange)!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kathy, your little boy gets cuter by the day. I am sure the spitting up will be better soon. I have been catching up with your blog this morning and have been impressed by how much Patrick has grown.
The pictures and your blog are a wonderful way to stay connected with you.
All the best, Aunt Debbie

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter