Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Tuesday, April 25, 2006
Rollin', Rollin', Rollin'
Patrick still refuses to do it for our benefit, but he has become quite adept at rolling over. I wondered just how easy it was for him when I found him sleeping on his belly the last few mornings. He gave me the rare opportunity to watch him as he woke up from his nap yesterday afternoon, though. He repeatedly rolled from his belly to his back to his belly again, all without the benefit of the sides of the crib. I was excited he let me have a glimpse of his secret talent, and I doubt I'll have the opportunity to see it again for some time. I guess he'll only roll over when he wants to get comfortable enough to sleep. He'll do it for his own benefit, but not ours. It still makes me wonder what else he'll do in the privacy of his crib that he won't show Daddy or me.

We tried green beans for lunch today. They look disgusting, and their smell is less than appealing, but Patrick sure loved them. Again, it makes sense. That's one of the other rare veggies that Matt and I both like reasonably well. This makes me wonder about the hotly-debated question: nature or nurture? Was he born with a predilection for certain foods written into his genetic code, inherited from Matt and me? Or are we subconsciously passing on our food preferences to Patrick? Maybe he only likes the foods he got a taste of while he was in me. I have to wonder. It is an interesting question. If this falls under the "nurture" category, then maybe Matt and I can better control the next kid's preferences, possibly persaude him or her to be open to many more foods.

I had to get a picture during playtime yesterday. I looked down at him playing while I folded laundry and had to do a double-take. When did my son get so tall? I just don't understand how he can look this tall and skinny.
He kept making a funny face while he ate, and I tried to capture it. I missed it barely, but this face is pretty close. Also, if you compare this to his first high chair pictures from about two months ago, you can tell he is finally growing into the chair. He sits up in it much better, and with that big head, it doesn't look too monstrously big for him anymore.

Labels: , ,



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is a boy of many talents! I'm sure he loves the independence that he has in being able to roll over whenever he wants to. I'm sure it's good for you, too, since it's another way he can comfort himself.

Blogger Tonya said...

Hi Kathy :) Thanks for visiting my blog! Glad you found us. First I just want to say Patrick is adorable!! What a gorgeous little man.. I think if he is doing all this rolling in his crib he will soon be showing you and daddy his new talents very soon!! Pretty soon he will be crawling.. then you will have to be on the move to catch up with him! Glad I found your blog.. I look forward to reading about all patricks updates!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patrick looks 3 feet tall in that picture!! He'll be walking and talking before we know it!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter