Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Thursday, April 20, 2006
Mommy Time
It appears that sweet potatoes get a thumbs-up from the boy. He ate them much more readily than the squash the other day, although not nearly as fast as the fruits, especially applesauce. That makes one vegetable he's ok with right now. That just about ties with Mommy's taste for vegetables. Not really, but he is almost there. So far he hasn't had any gross reactions to the sweet potatoes either. He spit up a little of them a few minutes ago, but I think that was more because he was sitting on my lap and felt obligated to do so. (FYI--They smell even ickier the second time.) Almost every time I've held him in the past few days, I've been baptized with spit-up. I should be used to the inevitable smelly wet spots on my clothes by now, but I still feel the need to change almost every time. I'm fighting that urge for the smaller spit-up spots just so I'm not doing laundry every day.

Patrick has started acting like he enjoys just hanging out with me. He still very clearly loves to play with his toys, the ones he knows what to do with anyway, but more and more he will only play with them for a limited amount of time. And it's not that he wants new and different toys to play with. He has clearly just had enough play time for the moment--maybe he's overstimulated--and he'd rather just have attention from Mommy or Daddy. He loves it when Daddy holds him because he is either always entertained or has a great place to take a nap. He's never liked it when I held him as much until the last day or so, though. I'm just not as entertaining, I guess. But yesterday and this morning, Patrick was perfectly content just to sit on my lap. I could talk to him or not; it didn't matter to him. He just wanted to be held. He sat quietly examining his own hands or grabbing at mine, maybe glancing at the TV from time to time, just enjoying my presence. It was certainly a sweet moment for me that inevitably ended all too soon.

Here are a few pictures of Patrick enjoying playing with his gym. Now that he can sort of reach those creatures that dangle above his head and knows what to do with them, he's really started loving his gym time. He also likes that he can make the star sing by hitting his toys (it's motion-sensored--definitely a great feature). Somehow he never gets tired of those same three songs playing over and over and over...

Labels: , , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter