Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Saturday, April 15, 2006
Chatterbox
Sorry for the late post tonight. It's been a busy day here with my parents. After getting up at the crack of noon for the day, Patrick's third feeding of the day actually, we headed out for an afternoon of shopping. That means of course that Patrick missed his afternoon nap. He was too stubborn--or tired--to fall asleep after we got home, so he cried instead. He was still crying when Matt and I left for dinner for our date night. My parents were very patient and got him quieted down after a short drive. The nap didn't last long, however, and he was still fussy when we got back home. He's also been a bit stopped up--nope, not his nose--and we suspect the discomfort is contributing to the fussiness. Matt and I came to the rescue with a new solid food, prunes. They worked promptly, and the full belly and emptied bowels comforted him enough that he was able to fall asleep shortly after.

The exciting news of the weekend is that Patrick has started to find his real voice. He's been chattering with random noises along the lines of "Ah-boo" for a couple of months now, but Wednesday he suddenly changed the tone of those noises. It sounds like he is trying desperately to talk, using more of a little boy voice than ever. Some of the noises he makes sound like he is attempting to imitate what we are saying. I'm reluctant to miss even one of those noises in case it is the one that sounds like his first intelligible word, even though I know that is still a long ways off. Thursday morning I woke up to the sound of something unusual. At first I wondered how the TV got turned on after Matt had left; then I thought maybe somebody was outside our house talking loudly; and finally I realized it was coming from Patrick's room and none of the words were recognizable. He had woken up happy and was chatting with the bears on his crib bumper. I just stood outside his door for a few minutes listening. I didn't want to interrupt his conversation with the bears. Today while Nana and I were shopping with him, he kept jumping into our conversations with his cute sounds. He must not like being left out of any conversations now that he's figuring out this talking thing!

It's late, so I think I'll keep this one short tonight. I'll post again tomorrow, most likely with pictures from Easter, if I get them downloaded early enough. I should have some cute ones.

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter