Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Friday, April 28, 2006
I Want to Do It!
Patrick tried peas today for lunch and surprisingly liked them. I guess he's just more willing to try new things at his age because he certainly did not inherit a taste for peas from either Matt or me. He is now eating a good amount of both a fruit and a vegetable at each feeding, and often is still hungry enough for some cereal. I don't know where all this is going because he isn't gaining nearly as much weight as I would expect. He must have ended up with Mommy's metabolism, where the calories are burned as he eats them. It's a little frustrating now trying to get him to gain weight, but he'll love this metabolism when he's older.

For the first time today, Patrick showed initiative in wanting to feed himself. Before, he has reached up to put his hand in his mouth while eating. Today it looked like he was going to do the same thing, but he grabbed the spoon en route to his mouth instead. He held it while I guided it into his mouth, then I let go and let him pull the spoon out himself. We repeated this several times. More and more each day, Patrick is eager to turn into a big boy, doing more and more for himself. He watches Matt and me carefully, scrutinizing everything we do. As he becomes more able, I know he will mimic everything too. It's cute to see him eager to grow up. I'd like to see him as a "big boy" too, but I like him just as he is now. He still needs Mommy or Daddy for just about everything, but he has enough personality to be fun to interact with. It's also great that he hasn't reached that rebellious stage yet. I think when I remember him as a baby, I'll remember him most as he is now.

As so kindly suggested by the grandmas several days ago, here is a picture of me playing with Patrick.

And one more picture of Matt playing with Patrick:

This was my favorite picture from last night. He looks so serious but intent on watching Daddy. It's even better in black and white too, because then we can't see the carrots around his mouth that wouldn't wipe completely off after dinner.


And as a special treat, here is another video. This is another one of Matt playing with Patrick. He laughs a silly laugh and Patrick laughs back. You can tell he has limited patience for it because he stops laughing after a few seconds. I missed Matt's antics at the end to get him to laugh again. Make sure you have the sound on because that laugh is just too contagious.

Labels: , , ,



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right. Both laughs are so contagious. Patrick has the cutest little voice. I love it!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The videos are wonderful, I just thought the pictures made a difference in keeping in touch with growing up so far away. I love getting to hear him also. Thank you both for this little bit of heaven for us.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what I did wrong, the above note was suppose to have placed my name so here is another try

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter