Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Thursday, April 27, 2006
Bad Hair Day
First of all, check out the video in the post below. It finally works! Now that I know how to do it, I will likely be adding video more often. It will save me a lot of time describing what Patrick's sounds are like if I can just show them to you.

Patrick and I get a special treat this afternoon. Matt is taking an online class for work today and tomorrow. He called me at lunchtime to tell me that he had issues participating in the class while at work, and they thought he would have better luck at home. He is working from home this afternoon instead. It's great! He really is working, secluding himself in the study so he can concentrate better. I like knowing he's right there, though. It's also kind of neat getting a glimpse into what he does at work, some days anyway. He also gets the opportunity to see what my routine is like during the afternoon. He can overhear how Patrick and I interact when nobody else is around. I am making a point to not change anything from my typical afternoon. I still have my job to do, and Matt has his; we're just doing them in the same place today. Either way, I think it's pretty cool.

Yesterday was such a gorgeous afternoon, just warm enough to not feel cold and clear and sunny, that Patrick and I had to spend part of our afternoon outside. This was his first time hanging out in the backyard on the grass. It was still damp from last night's rain, so he was on a blanket. I guess that technically means he wasn't in the grass, but it's close enough. He loved it! He squinted in the sunlight but was otherwise perfectly content. He seemed to enjoy the light breeze. Of course, that didn't exactly help his already untameable hair.
Here he is lying down in the grass, smiling one of his huge open-mouth grins.
And here are two shots of him sitting up in the grass. He's such a big boy! He was definitely posing for the camera in both of these pictures. I love the hair!
Yes, this is my new favorite picture of him. That smile can't be beat.

We had fun after taking pictures just lying back and watching the clouds float by. I thought Patrick would get bored quickly or upset from looking up into the bright sky, but he was perfectly content. Could Matt and I have spawned a nature lover?

Labels: , ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He does look like he love the outdoors. What sweet pictures and look how great he is sitting up these days!

Blogger Tonya said...

He is such a big boy and too stinkin cute!! Looks like he loved being outside.. I think the 2 of you must have spawned a nature lover there!!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter