Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Sunday, April 09, 2006
He IS Our Son After All!
I've been wondering for months whose sick idea it was to give us a child whose genetic makeup was so far changed from Matt's and mine, at least when it comes to sleep patterns. How could we have created a child who was consistently up at dawn, regardless of when he went to bed? We're the kind of people who could sleep past 10 every morning if given the chance.

Then in the last two days, Patrick has been proving that maybe these first few months were a fluke. Friday I woke him up at 9:45 when I woke up and realized he hadn't eaten yet. Saturday he didn't wake us up until 10:30. When we realized this might be turning into a pattern, we went with our instincts (and against our own desires) and put him to bed earlier last night. Naturally he was up at dawn again today. I'll reluctantly accept this routine, even if it means that I too have to be up at dawn, because I know getting in the habit of going to bed and getting up early will be good for him in the long run. Too bad I don't have that habit anymore!

For some reason yesterday, I decided to put on make-up. It was a completely random decision, especially considering the last time I had gotten dressed up was for church two weeks ago. It's weird that I would choose to dress up for a lazy Saturday at home. It was fun looking pretty, even if only Matt and Patrick got to see it. But Matt took a few pictures documenting the occasion, so now everyone gets to see.


By the way, Patrick's not looking at the camera in either picture because he was distracted by the TV. I have no idea what was on that could possibly be that interesting.

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's nice to just feel pretty for no reason some days. The pictures look great. I love to see pictures of you and the boy. ... and who does he take after with the TV watching??

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the boy has two parents to thank for the TV fever. I think since he likes it so much, you should only have it on the learning channel!!HA HA!!:)

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter