Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Sunday, February 05, 2006
Super Bowl Sunday
Actually, I couldn't care less about the Super Bowl this year. I am typically a huge football fan--the only team sport I enjoy watching--but the last few years I've followed college football much more diligently than professional football (go Red Raiders!). To add to my ambivalence, I don't particularly like (or hate) either the Steelers or the Seahawks. They could both lose for all I'd care. For the first time in many years, Matt and I are not even planning to flip through the game to check on the score. We're taping it instead; we want to fast forward TO the commercials instead of through them. For the past few years the commercials have been much more interesting than the game itself. Sorry to all you football fans!

There's not much else going on around here to talk about. It's been a quiet and lazy day. Patrick was fussy some last night and some earlier today, but I think it's a combination of teething pain and sleepiness. He has one tooth that acts like it's going to break through the gums any day now. I'll keep you updated on when that does happen.

Interesting side note: Last night and this afternoon, Matt took care of mowing and edging our lawn for the first time. It was starting to look like it might not survive the winter because it hadn't been taken care of very well before we moved in. It also didn't have much time to take root (it was brand-new grass in a brand-new yard) before winter hit. Fortunately it was a mild winter--I'm assuming it's over now--and the grass has already started growing again. It's hard to believe we're having to deal with a lawn as early as February. My dad would say, "I told you so;" he's always said he had to start taking care of the lawn this early in the year when he lived in Houston. My dad's wisdom prevails again!

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter