Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Friday, February 03, 2006
And Vacation Nears Its End
We head back home to Houston tomorrow. I'm kind of glad to be headed home, back to familiar surroundings and routines, but I've enjoyed the change of scenery. I think Matt appreciated the change in routine this week too. Apparently the training was quite a bit beneath his skill level--he was teaching the instructor things--but he seemed to like the social aspects of it and being away from work for a week.

The vacation is not exactly ending on the best note, though. I woke up this morning with yet another breast infection. The fever part of it has yet to hit, if it even will this time, but I still feel puny and achy. I am going back on the antibiotics that I just finished a couple of weeks ago for the last infection. For those of you concerned, the infection and antibiotics should not affect Patrick at all. He must somehow intuitively know that I'm feeling under the weather because he has been an absolute angel today. He barely even cried when he was hungry. During the time he's been awake, he's been in a great mood, smiling and laughing at everything. I'm still managing to enjoy his company even though I'm not feeling great.

Last night we took Patrick to Red Lobster (our place) for the first time. He seemed to have a good time. It was unofficially baby night there; we saw I think four other babies while we were waiting to be seated. One of the babies was only two days old--still almost Patrick's size, if you can believe it. After we got home from dinner, Patrick was fussy for a little while, but he calmed down while we fed him his last meal before bed and then slept well throughout the night. I'm enjoying him a lot more at this age, now that he's crying a lot less, smiling a lot more, and sleeping through the night.

Labels: , ,



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry that you're feeling poorly, but I'm glad that Patrick is cooperating. Wish I could see his smile in person -- and take care of you at the same time. Take care of yourself.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter