Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Thursday, February 02, 2006
Drowsy Day
Today is one of those dry, warm, drowsy days of late spring. It makes me shrug at the groundhog who predicted six more weeks of winter this morning. Six more weeks? How about six weeks total? That means we'd need about five more this year. It's hard to believe it's only February on days like this, where the temps have easily reached 80 and the smell of spring is in the light breeze.

I have something of an update from yesterday's rant about the apnea monitor. After posting yesterday, the doctor called back again. It turns out the monitor people do remember getting the monitor from us and attempting to download the data. Apparently some of the data were "corrupted" during the download. Translation: They messed up badly and lost all of the crucial information. Yes, lost, not just temporarily misplaced. They have sentenced Patrick to at least three more weeks on his monitor. By the way, that is the good news. The doctor said without actually saying it that it's absurd to think Patrick really needs to be on the monitor. He's certain enough that he's willing to compromise the eight verified weeks without an apnea attack down to just four or five (the week's data that he has, this past week, and three more). He confirmed that the data from the one week he has showed no true attacks. I also think he is starting to doubt Patrick ever needed the monitor; Matt and I have suspected this all along. He will be asking the NICU doctor who prescribed the monitor in the first place for the test that decided he needed it. If this doctor decides the hospital doctor misinterpreted it, I'm sure we'll be off the monitor immediately. Please pray that we can find some loophole to get him off the monitor soon. It's driving us all crazy, and Patrick is ready to just be a normal baby.

There's not much else to report since yesterday. It's been pretty quiet. Patrick had a great night, sleeping soundly all night; his monitor didn't even go off. I slept like a log too, and it was great sleep. Patrick and I got out for lunch earlier, but we're just chilling in the hotel room the rest of the day. This drowsy weather is making me too lazy to want to venture out too far. Instead, I think I'll just enjoy my happy baby. He's flirting with me over his burp rag right now. How can I resist that grin?

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter