Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Sunday, January 29, 2006
Precious Moments
Early this morning after Patrick's first feeding of the day, he started getting fussy. Instead of running for his pacifier or the baby Tylenol, I just held him close for a minute. He relaxed and leaned his head against my chest almost immediately. I was touched that my mere presence comforted him. That was a first, at least as far as I can remember. The closeness drew emotions from deep within me that I don't recall feeling before, at least not to that extent. I think this morning was the first time I truly felt the fullness of motherhood. Because of the surprise of the pregnancy followed by the suddenness of his delivery and Patrick's stay in the hospital, it was difficult to feel that strong bond of motherhood. I was thrust into the role (not that I minded) more than I chose it. There were times it was hard to realize that the new responsibility in the house was much more than that; it was my own son, a part of me, someone I'd had a part in creating. This morning as all this washed over me, I could do nothing else but thank God for my husband and my son, both of whom I love with all my heart. Those few quiet precious moments are some I will cherish for a lifetime.

By the way, we are in Austin this week for a class for Matt's job. We have a great hotel suite with Internet access, so I will likely still post every day. Expect updates from Patrick's and my vacation while Matt works. This is the greatest part of being a stay-at-home mom; I can drop everything and come to Austin for a week when Matt has to--and I get to call it a vacation!

Labels:



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing such a special moment. May it be just one of many fulfilling mommy moments.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter