Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Thursday, January 26, 2006
No News Yet
I was hoping but didn't truly expect the doctors from yesterday to call with a verdict yet. Maybe tomorrow we'll find out for sure that Patrick is freed from his apnea monitor... Meanwhile, we are enjoying his relative freedom. He has seemed happier today without his monitor attached. The skin on his chest is getting some time to heal before getting tape and sticky leads stuck to it again this evening. It's weird carrying him around the house without his "extra appendage" as we've been calling the monitor--so much more convenient.

He's been extra fussy and spit-uppy (is that a word?) today too. I'm going to attribute it to his incoming teeth. I feel bad that he's so uncomfortable, though. I don't know what to do to help him. He has started fighting me with all his strength when I go to burp him after eating. It's very frustrating. The bright side is that by doing so, he accidentally showed me that he can sort of sit up on his own already. He can balance himself on my lap without any support for a few seconds. It won't be long before he's sitting up entirely on his own all the time!

I also think Patrick has figured out who Daddy is. When Matt was about to walk in the house when he came home for lunch, I leaned over to Patrick and said, "Daddy's home!" Before, Patrick had been staring off into space and seemed entirely uninterested in anything but the spot he was fascinated with. As soon as he heard Daddy was home, he looked at me and smiled the biggest grin, even around his pacifier, and giggled. He did the same for Matt when he saw him. I love seeing him turn into such a daddy's boy.

Labels: , ,



1 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Kathy,

I hope this doesn't weird you out, but I found you through Shannon's blog...I was at LCU at the same time as you were. Anyway, I have some advice about the teething thing issue with Patrick. Try Hyland's teething tablets. You can get them at health food stores and since you live in the Houston area, they might even be at Wal-Mart, Target, or Walgreens. They are teeny tiny tablets that dissolve in the baby's mouth instantly. I use them sometimes with my son (Will, 8 1/2 mos.) and they seem to work pretty well. He is just now getting his teeth (finally! it seems like he's been teething for 6 mos!). It was fun to see pictures of your family and see what you're up to. We have a blog, too, if you want to look us up. By the way, my parents live in Katy and go to an awesome church--Cinco Ranch Church of Christ on South Mason Road (not far from the intersection at Westheimer). I'm sure they would love to have you (of course I don't know how far away your home is from Katy, but it's just an idea!).

Anyway, have a great day and God bless!

Lauren (Reed) Prather

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter