Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
My Check-Up
I had my sixteen-week appointment today. Matt decided at the last minute to come with me. I didn't care too much either way, even though I always enjoy his company. I was sure I could handle Patrick at a quick check-up alone. By the time two hours in the office had passed, though, I was so relieved Matt came with me. Patrick was bored and fussy very quickly into the wait, and it was great having help distracting him to keep him from screaming. Still, I came home with a headache.

The appointment itself went well. The baby's heartbeat is still strong. We got the form that allows us to set up an appointment for the big sonogram. The doctor gave me some samples for some medicine that might actually help my almost-daily headaches. I may be trying some pretty soon, since the screaming-baby headache hasn't gone away yet. Then they drew some blood for a few more standard tests. We're all exhausted now, but at least everything went well.

The exciting news happened last night, however. Matt and I were in bed about to fall asleep, with Matt curled up next to me, his arm over my belly. Then we both felt it, a faint flutter that ran down his arm. The baby was kicking against that unusual pressure. It was the first time I had felt the baby, and Matt got to feel it too. How neat is that?

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that you both felt the baby, Dad's don't get that treat usually that soon in the pregnancy. Hope all your visits turn out as well. Love to all

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great to have good news about your checkup. How wonderful to feel the baby so soon. It's all pretty exciting!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter