Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
The Last Baby Milestone
It finally happened! Last night, Patrick took his first steps. He hesitantly toddled two steps between our recliner and the couch where I was. He acted totally nonchalant about the whole event, as though he knew all along he would be able to walk on his own. I, however, was elated with excitement.

He hasn't repeated the feat yet, but I'm sure he will soon, now that we know he can. It's crazy to think that with this one milestone, he has officially joined the rank of other toddlers. As long as I've waited for this, I don't think I'm ready for it now. My baby is a toddler! Within weeks, as his confidence in his walking skills grows, I will be chasing him all over the house. It won't be the fairly relaxed pace I can assume right now as he crawls around, but a full-out run to catch him running. What fun times we have ahead of us!

I have another post I'm working on right now. I'll probably either post it tonight or tomorrow. You'll love it; it includes another short video.

Labels:



5 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

Hi! I found your through Lynanne, our kids were born in the same month.

Congrats on the first steps, so exciting! As long as your house is safe and babyproof, it will likely be easier once he walks around!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for Patrick! We're all looking forward to the video. :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go, Patrick. Felt like steps were very close to happening. Won't be long until he's "stepping" all over the place. Give him a hug for me.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go, Patrick. Felt like steps were very close to happening. Won't be long until he's "stepping" all over the place. Give him a hug for me.

Blogger Lauren said...

YEA! Great news...how exciting!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter