Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Thursday, November 23, 2006
Happy Thanksgiving
I have a lot to be thankful for this year. One year ago today I was proudly presenting my tiny new baby, newly home from the hospital, to my whole family and most of Matt's. This year I realize how foolish I was last year to expose my still-shouldn't-be-born baby to all sorts of germs that could have caused such serious problems. I remember how fragile he still looked, even though he had doubled in size from his birth weight.

I remember how thankful I was last year, just to have my son with me and especially that he was healthy enough that I felt comfortable showing him off to everyone. Exhausted as I was then, I was content being around my whole family, including my new son.

This year things are much quieter here at my parents' house, but I still feel that same gratefulness. Patrick is still healthy as a horse and much stronger than last year. This year he is crawling all over the place, chasing the cat and searching for anything to use as a toy. The son I have showed off this year to both sets of grandparents, a set of great-grandparents, several great-aunts and -uncles, and other relatives is one I can be just as proud of as last year's sleepy newborn. He makes it his job to entertain everyone he meets.

I am so thankful for my son and all the progress he has made this year. I am thankful for the quiet time he has spent with each set of grandparents, and the quiet time Matt and I have had with them. I am thankful for all these grandparents themselves and how wonderful they are to Patrick, and what great parents they are to Matt and me, as they aren't in-laws to either one of us. We're just each blessed with two sets of parents now. I am thankful for all the loads of good food...and elastic waists on my pajama pants. Most of all, I am thankful for my husband. He is a good man and a wonderful father for our son, and quite the son and son-in-law to both sets of parents.

I know Thanksgiving is turning into a more commercial holiday, just the official start of Christmas season, a pre-Christmas of sorts. But I'm still glad we have a day set aside to remind us of all the blessings we have in our life. For one day at least, I won't take any of those blessings for granted.

Labels:



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I am blessed to have such a wonderful daughter to care for both my son and my little grandson, who is indeed growing these days at a rapid rate. Thank you for all the time you gave me yesterday to be with the three of you.

Blogger Tonya said...

aww you are all so stinkin sweet... ;) All joking aside.. it was a very touching post and I enjoyed reading it. Hope you had a great thanksgiving :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for being so good about sharing your little cutie! He is such a blessing! It has also been a great time to spend quality time with all three of you.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter