Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Friday, November 24, 2006
Scattered Tidbits
My hundreds of zoo photos have been downloaded, but I haven't had time to sort through them all, select my favorites, edit them, and upload them yet. Depending on how much time I get tomorrow, I may give you a sampling of the pictures then. I also have a few Thanksgiving pictures. Then of course today our camera battery died. I need to recharge it before I can start snapping pictures like crazy again.

The rest of today was nice and relaxing. I didn't leave the house once. Our family avoided the Black Friday nightmare this year, thank goodness. My mom needed to go to Wal-Mart this afternoon, and that was enough chaos to satisfy all of our fill for that craziness. No, I don't feel like I missed out on anything by staying home. I needed my sleep much, much more.

Patrick was in a good mood most of the day, most likely a result of the tiny bit of caffeine I had yesterday. I had a sinus headache, and the sinus medicine alone wasn't doing the job. I decided to risk the caffeine in order to feel better. After all, he's only nursing once a day now, so it shouldn't hurt him that badly, right? Instead he ended up spitting up more than he has in months. That's the primary reason I'd been avoiding any caffeine for that long. I guess that proves the lack of caffeine in my diet was doing as much to help his reflux as his medicine.

Speaking of his medicine, we've been working on weaning him off the meds now that his reflux has gotten so much better. We're back to only twice a day, and he's getting less of it at each dose than he's prescribed. I'm hoping I won't need to call in any more refills once these are gone, that he'll be off the meds completely by then.

Patrick is still working on his language skills this week. He is trying to say, "Hi," sometimes and said "up" during dinner tonight, not in direct imitation of anyone else. He also called his grandpa "Ba-paw" yesterday. He hasn't repeated it since, unfortunately. We're still working on his other grandparents' names. I figured Nana, Gigi, and Papa would be considerably easier, but our boy marches to the beat of his own drummer already.

Today Patrick started pulling up incessantly. He's been trying for weeks obviously, but today there were times when it seemed that's all he wanted to do. He's also getting good at pulling up all the way to his feet. I wouldn't be surprised if the first morning after we get home, I find him standing up in his crib for the first time.

My mom made her yummy turkey noodle soup for dinner tonight. It's a tradition around here, a way to use up some of the endless turkey leftovers. What other turkey leftover recipes have all of you discovered? It's fun seeing what creative recipes everyone comes up with to use up that leftover turkey.

Labels: , ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our leftover turkey gets made into fajitas. Quick and easy to do.

Blogger Tonya said...

Don't have any turkey recipes..lol Actually I have never cooked a turkey before.. we are always going to someone elses place for thanksgiving but now that we have Randie I will probably make one at some point! Glad Patricks reflux is getting better... and hope he is off the meds for good soon :) Make sure your crib mattress is down if its not already in case he decides he wants to pull up :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter