Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Lucky and Blessed
Every once in a while, even now after nearly fourteen months, I suddenly step back and take a look at my life and can do nothing more than stare in awe with my mouth hanging open. The last time I looked, I was a single schoolteacher, and now I'm a married woman with a son.
I wonder when exactly it was that I slipped into someone else's life and when exactly they're going to want it back. It takes my breath away to recognize my blessings for what they are, even if it seems unreal that they could really be mine. What have I done to deserve all this--a nice house, an adorable son, and a wonderful husband? Better yet, how exactly did it happen that I turned from spinster schoolteacher into blissful stay-at-home mom and wife overnight?
It's been nearly fourteen months, and I'm comfortable in my role as a mommy. But it still surprises me to realize I'm more used to being called Mommy than Kathy, or Miss as I was most often called at school. My entire identity has been overturned in the matter of a year and a half (or so)--and I'm loving it.

Labels: ,



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we are blessed by having you in our lives.

Blogger Tonya said...

You could have taken the words right out of my mouth!! Well said :)

Blogger Mandy said...

Wow, I love this post! I do the exact same thing. And in being a preemie parent we realize even more how miraculous the change has been. Thanks for saying what I never can completly articulate!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter