Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Sunday, November 26, 2006
Tylenol is My Friend
We made it back home to Houston again safely this evening. Other than the long trip home, the day didn't go as planned, though. I did not sleep well last night at all, because of these nasty allergies, and when Patrick woke me up too early this morning, I was not anxious to stay awake during church while keeping a teething baby entertained. Matt hadn't slept well either, also because of my allergies (I was sleeping loudly), and Patrick needed to sleep more as well, probably because he hadn't slept soundly because of teething pain. So we skipped church and slept in. I feel kind of guilty about it, but apparently we all needed it. Matt was the first one up for the day at 11-ish. Patrick took a good four-hour nap during that time too. I think we were all better off staying home.

Patrick was in a better mood when he woke up and charmed Nana and Grandpa with the little time he had left with them before we had to leave. He was fine on the way home, too, until he suddenly realized this morning's dose of Tylenol had worn off. Then he screamed at the top of his lungs for half an hour or so straight. I had given him Tylenol again just before the scream-fest started, so I knew the second it kicked in. All of a sudden, the screaming stopped, and Patrick stared off into space in a Tylenol-induced daze. I think we're going to be quite reliant on that Tylenol for the next few days. Not only is that one molar cutting through, but he has a swollen bump on his bottom gums where it looks like another molar is pushing through. I also suspect he has more molars thinking about breaking through on the other side, since he wants to chew on everything on that side, too. Poor baby. Why does he have to cut all his teeth at one time?

We're all glad to be home as usual, even though we had a great time visiting. We'll have a few weeks back at home to let our allergies recover before heading back up to Dallas the week before Christmas. It's not so difficult leaving when we know we'll back again so soon.

Labels: ,



3 Comments:

Blogger Tonya said...

glad you had a good time though despite the alergies and Patricks teething.. poor little guy! If it was not for drool or teeth showing up we would never have known Randie was teething.. she never complained and we never gave her tylenol or anything.. weird how kids are so different like that! I hope they come through soon so the pain stops!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you all had a good trip home. We had a great visit, but I know how great it feels to get back to your own home and own beds. It sounds like Patrick may have a bunch more teeth when we see him again.

Blogger liz said...

It's hard to see your baby in pain from the teething.
Me? I'd rather Henry got ALL of his teeth at once--get it over and done with, rather than prolonged agony.
Yay for the Tylenol goodness, though. That shiz WORKS.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter