Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Friday, October 27, 2006
No News Yet--Updated
Matt's at the dentist right now getting those wisdom teeth out. He was told he could drive himself both there and home, so he left me here and took care of everything himself. I'm so worried about him. Ever since news got out (sorry Matt!), everyone has been telling their own horror story about wisdom teeth removal. That didn't seem to be making him feel any better about it. I hope things are going well and that it's not as awful as he's been imagining.

I won't know anything yet for a little while. I'll probably try to update tonight sometime to let you know how it went, whenever I can around my nurse and mommy duties.

In case you're worried, here's a picture guaranteed to make you feel better.
Patrick was full of personality yesterday, in the best possible way. He kept me laughing all afternoon and evening and was truly a joy to be around. Days like yesterday remind me that all his frustrating stubborn days are worth it. I just hope days like that happen more often!

Update: Matt got home around 2:00. It took less time than I expected it to. He was still mostly numb at the time, but he was starting to feel some pain already. I rushed off to get his prescriptions filled and pick up something for him to eat for the next day or so until he can get off that liquid diet. He's coping pretty well, but I can tell he's in pain. Poor thing.

And all of you who told those horror stories, don't worry about it. I shouldn't have even mentioned anything earlier. But that's just one of the things people do. I can't tell you how many horror stories I heard about labor when I was pregnant. Now Matt will have his own story to tell when someone tells him they're about to get wisdom teeth out. Really, it's ok and there's no need to apologize for telling your horror stories.

Labels: , ,



6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt, I'm sorry if my note made you feel worse or more skeptical about your visit. I didn't intend for it to. I love you guys too much to lead you astray. I was just trying to give pointers as to what I experienced so that you could have an idea about what was normal. Love ya'll, Jen Holt

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to know that Matt's doing o.k. I love the picture of Patrick with his tongue out. I had to laugh since it looks a little like his great grandpa Fisher! :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt...sorry to hear about your teeth...hope you begin to feel better real soon...I feel your pain.
Mel

Blogger alissa said...

Glad he's fine. Personally, when I had my wisdom teeth out (all four at once, impacted), it was no big deal. If fact, it was so no big deal and I felt so fine (what with being completely pumped up on pain pills) that I went out with my boyfriend at the time and got a little wasted. And laughed, and laughed, and laughed so much that I popped my stitches. Then it hurt...!!! (But all was good a week later!)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For any who want to know:
It went well at first. The Dr. had a game plan, cut the teeth into sections and remove the sections one by one... nothing like haveing multiple extractions per tooth. First one came out great. Next one was tough until he go to the last section... as he pulled... and pulled... and pulled... he realized that the last root was grown well into my jaw and had formed into what can only be described as a hook. He kept asking for bigger and bigger plyers until he gave up pulling it straight. He had to literally unscrew it, while pressing most of his weight on my chin and pulling hard enough that I could see his hand quiver... Hey, at least he earned his pay. Thanks Dr. Griffon.

Blogger Tonya said...

Glad to hear all went well Matt :) and I was not telling you any horror stories..lol because like Alissa I didn't find it a big deal either.. I was also hospitalized and knocked out for the procedure though.. it was to big a job to do it in office. That is a cute piccie of Patrick as well!!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter