Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Thursday, October 19, 2006
The Critter in the Attic Revisited
Matt and I strongly suspect the critter in the attic has returned. Unless it never left, in which case it's still there. Or maybe it's a new one. Either way, something is definitely up there. Unfortunately we haven't heard a thing from this one; we know he's there by his smell.

We think the critter sought refuge in our attic, perhaps escaping the torrential rain the other day, then found the poison left out for it and died. It crawled over into a tight, dark corner of the attic to die. That corner happens to be situated directly above our bathroom and closet.

There's nothing like the aroma of decomposing flesh to get you out of bed in the morning!

Matt and I have attempted to cover the stench with any variety of room fresheners, sprays, and scented candles. We can get the stink to a tolerable level for a few minutes, but then it returns in full force. We're leaving the bathroom closed off as much as possible and avoiding going in the room unless necessary.

I'd love if we could find the critter and dispose of its body somehow so that we can get our bathroom back. But the way our attic is laid out, there is no possible way anybody can get all the way to that tight, dark corner. Besides, it's almost certainly sunk into the insulation, never to be found again. My hope is simply that conditions are ripe for it to decompose quickly. The stink is starting to follow me around, catching me unaware anywhere in the house at any time. I never know when I'm going to suddenly breathe in the smell of the rotting critter. It's kind of sad when I retreat to Patrick's room sometimes because the smell of poopy diapers is better, isn't it?

Anyway, there's not much Patrick news to report today. He's had a couple of better days with fewer tantrums and less clinginess. He's starting to talk pretty much all the time, and I love hearing it. He also dances to music sometimes by bouncing while he's sitting or standing next to the table. It's so adorable. Oh, here's a video I took yesterday of Patrick talking. If you wait a few seconds, you'll see the frustrated chattering I mentioned the other day. I feel mean, but it's hilarious.



I also got some pictures of Patrick playing with his fire truck, his first ride-on/walker toy. He got it for his birthday from his Gigi and Papa. He's still a little too small for it--his feet don't both reach the ground at the same time--but he likes sitting on it and playing the music and watching the little people go around and around in the front.

That crazy song is totally stuck in my head though: "I see a fire truck, a big, red, giant fire truck. I see a fire truck..."

And here he is standing at the table. There's nothing remarkable about this picture, but I like the expression on his face.

Labels: , ,



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the smell in the house, the poison should have had something in it to keep it from stinking. The pictures and the video are great, I love listening to him "talk" and don't you just love that little jingle the firetruck sings? love you

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter