Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Thursday, October 26, 2006
Games He Plays
Patrick has started to be more interactive in his play in the past few days. I told you yesterday about him imitating Daddy with the spit thing. He also imitated me yesterday afternoon during playtime. He kept bouncing up and down while he sat, dancing to the music I guess. I started doing it too, and every time I "danced," he did the same.

Then he started waving his hands in the air then bamming them on his thighs. I imitated him (adding the bam sound effect of course), and he imitated me again. We had a fun time alternating between bamming and dancing.
He's played peek-a-boo for a long time. If we put a blanket or burp rag over his head, he would work to get it off, then shriek with laughter when we said, "Peek-a-boo!" As much as he loved that aspect of the game, though, he wouldn't initiate it on his own. That's been changing some recently, but today in particular he's had a blast pulling the blanket up over his own head to play peek-a-boo. I suspect it's a stall tactic to not have to go to bed as soon--he hopes the game will distract us from the idea of bedtime. I don't buy it for a second, but I still like to see him play with us.
And then just a few minutes ago, he figured out the roll-the-ball game. I would roll a ball towards his lap, and he'd "roll" one back to me. His roll resembled a drunken toss really, but he understood the concept of the game. I suppose we'll have to work on the rolling idea next.
Today's big news is about Matt, though. He had a routine dentist appointment yesterday, in part to consult about his wisdom teeth. He knew at some point they needed to come out. He didn't expect the dentist to offer to cancel his afternoon appointments to get them out yesterday while he was there. The dentist seems to think it's urgent that they come out right away, so Matt is scheduled to get them out tomorrow. That way he could have the whole weekend to recover.

We're all a bit anxious about the "procedure" (it sounds more like a minor surgery to me). I hate seeing Matt in such pain, almost as much as he hates being in such pain. I also hate that I don't really know what to expect. I can't really sympathize with him, as that is one of the very few dental procedures I haven't experienced (lucky me, born without any wisdom teeth).

Anyway, keep us in mind this weekend as we deal with the aftereffects of the procedure. I have no idea how I'll keep my husband fed; something tells me French fries aren't on the approved food list.

Labels: , ,



6 Comments:

Blogger Tonya said...

I will be thinking of Matt and hope that the procedure is not too painful for him. I had all 4 of mine out in the hospital.. It really was not bad at all. I mean you dont want to each cheeseburgers or anything but its not that bad. I had a worse time with my tonsils than my wisdom teeth!! Patrick is as cute as ever!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see that Patrick is doing wonderful with his playtime skills. As for the wisdom teeth, I had all 4 extracted at one time. I really didn't feel anything until the ride home is when I was in pain. A chocolate milkshake was my dinner that night. The cold helped numb the pain although my jaw was still numb. Just absolutely DO NOT let Matt drink anything from a straw. The dry sockets are pretty painful. Best of luck, my prayers are with you three. Miss you guys.
Jen Holt

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think what scares me the most is that my wisdom teeth are fully grown in, and quite impacted. The majority of our bill is for the bone graft to replace the parts he has to remove to get the teeth out. Plus, I hate Doctors. Somebody I hardly know poking and proding... especially a dentist. I think they try to talk to you just to tease you that you can't speak with all the work going on... it's a conspiracy I tell you!... it really doesn't help that I can be a baby when I am in pain.

Blogger Tonya said...

Mine were really impacted as well Matt.. they were pushing all my other teeth together and they had to remove all the bone as well to get them out.. *sigh* Im sure you will be fine.. I am a big baby when in pain as well and it will hurt less than you think :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll be thinking about you, Matt -- and Kathy, too. Frozen custard, anyone?? While the procedure may not be a walk in the park, you'll be glad to get it behind you. Just be nice, Kathy -- no pictures for a few days!! :)

Let us know how it goes. Love you all.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be thinking about you tomorrow, hope things go well, use a ice pack on your jaws off and on and that will help. Patrick looks adorable in his little outfit, glad to hear he is doing well playing all the new games. Keep in touch. Mom

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter