Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Monday, October 23, 2006
Back to the Boy
I feel bad for focusing so much on non-Patrick-related items lately. Even though I don't have any new Patrick pictures for you today, I'm still going to tell the Patrick stories from the weekend that didn't make sense in yesterday's post.

My favorite is from when Matt was washing the car. Patrick and I spent part of that time outside keeping Matt company. Patrick absolutely loves being outside, so it was easier to entertain him outside, especially with Daddy around. We situated ourselves far out of range of the water, but close enough to still chat with Matt. I think Patrick wished we'd stayed closer, though--not only to be closer to Daddy, but also because he found he was fascinated with the water hose. Every time Matt sprayed the car, Patrick laughed with glee. Let's say that the car got rinsed extra well, just because we loved hearing the sound of that laughter.

Patrick also discovered his outside voice at the same time. His little sounds and chattering escalated to a new volume level. We suspect he particularly liked hearing his voice when he yelled towards the open garage because of the echo. That encouraged him to find new sounds and a new volume. As long as he keeps that outside voice outside, I'm fully in support of him experimenting with new volumes.

We hit another milestone this weekend, too. Patrick is now wearing size 3 diapers. After month after month in size 2's and then being at the transition between 2's and 3's (Pampers), he's finally graduated completely to size 3's. We had to switch to the inferior Huggies for the last month or so because he fit perfectly into their weight range for size 2's. His awkward size made it difficult to find the perfect diapers. But now after the last two weeks of sudden weight gain, he's broken the size barrier to fit size 3's. I'm excited. I love these new diapers...although probably only because they're new.

Today I'm going through his drawers to pull out anything he can't wear any longer--either too small or too summery. The weight gain has also made it necessary to get the rest of his 6-9 months clothes ready for him. Well, the weather too. Last night's cold spell reminded me that we really need to find warmer sleep clothes for Patrick before the next cold night. I don't know that these new clothes will fit well yet, but at least they'll be warmer. I'm just worried that his 6-9 month wardrobe is still too summery. Matt and I may have to still supplement with more sleepers, pants, and long-sleeved clothes. At least we'll still have a few more warmer days before we switch completely over to the winter wardrobe.

The funniest story of the weekend happened yesterday on our several outings. We were waiting to check out at Half-Price Books (I'm infatuated with the store), and the family waiting in front of us stopped to chat with us for a few minutes. I had to force myself to answer without laughing when the mom asked how old "she" was, pointing to Patrick. Patrick was decked out in all blue, with baseball logos on the front. His hair was doing that little boyish thing it does (I can't even describe it better than that today). I have no idea how he could be mistaken for a girl. Wouldn't that make a great Halloween costume, though? One pink dress and a pretty bow and we'd be set! Unfortunately, Patrick would probably be the one haunted for life when we showed him the pictures, so I think we'll stick with the costume we already have.

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter