Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Thursday, July 27, 2006
Mama
He did it! Patrick just said mama! I put him down in his ExerSaucer so I could chat with Matt online for a second, and Patrick started right into chatting with his toy friends. All of a sudden, I could swear I hear a mumbled, "Ma...maa." I typed to Matt, "I think he just said mama." I was a bit shocked and uncertain that I had heard right, so I didn't want to get either of our hopes up. Then as I was repeating, "Mama," to Patrick to encourage him to say it again, he looked right at me and clearly said it again: "Mama!"

Of course I told Matt about it right away; in a way he got to hear it too since he was getting the play-by-play of it over msn messenger. What great timing! Unfortunately I haven't gotten Patrick to repeat it since, but at least we know he can say it. Now I just need to work on teaching him what that means...and probably "dada" too sometime soon.

Labels:



5 Comments:

Blogger Harmony said...

How exciting! Raylee started out with DaDa instead (I guess she's a daddy's girl). It is so exciting to watch them learn to talk and the meaning of words. I'm looking forward to the adventure this second time around.

Blogger Tonya said...

How exciting!! YAY!! he said mama.. that is great :)I know how excited you are..lol

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!! That's so much fun. I know that you will enjoy hearing the word again. I'm sure he'll be doing the dada word soon, too. With the way he likes to make sounds with his tongue, the "d" should be easy.

Blogger Mandy said...

Yay! Go Patrick!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure it wasn't Papa?

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter