Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Tuesday, July 25, 2006
It's All Relative
It seems that I have discovered the silver lining to bad days: they make boring, average days feel spectacular in comparison. I'm so relieved that today is better than yesterday that it seems like it's a really, really good day, when in reality it's probably remarkably average. I don't mind! I'd rather have a boring day seem exciting to me than the opposite.

I only napped for about twenty minutes yesterday. I was hoping for more, but it did keep me in a somewhat better mood for the evening. It also wasn't enough to keep me from being tired when bedtime rolled around. I fell asleep quite easily and slept well. I woke up this morning refreshed, with a much better attitude towards everything. Patrick also took a more normal morning nap (I tried a few things differently to encourage him to sleep longer), and I got a little more sleep then too. I'm sure the rain didn't hurt anything, as it likely helped both of us sleep better by keeping both rooms darker and cooler. Other than a slight headache that I've had consistently for days, I feel normal--maybe even better than normal. It's such a relief after yesterday.

It seems that Patrick's unexplained fussiness from yesterday is better today too. I wonder if it was in response to my bad attitude. Whatever it is, I'm much happier with my happy, cuddly baby today. There's nothing like a big baby hug and open-mouthed kiss (even if it also involves teeth) to bring a smile back to my face.

Oh, speaking of smiles, take a look at yesterday's pictures:
He's getting so talented at sitting up. I now feel more comfortable leaving him for a couple of minutes at a time while he's sitting because he rarely falls over anymore. He's using his sit-up time to figure out his toys. He is able to get toys in the shape-sorter now (even if it's by dropping them in the top, and even though they're not all the shaped toys), and can get the rings off the ring-stacker. Sometimes he can even get the rings back on! His hand-eye coordination is definitely improving, and he's able to much more easily control his hands and arms.
So that's why they say to cover all the electrical outlets!
He was having quite a hair day yesterday. It started out crazy to begin with, but then was doing this when I got him up from his afternoon nap. And yes, this is all it would do. It's not sticking to the chair, but is standing straight up. I'm guessing it probably would have laid flat, at least for a few minutes, if I'd soaked it with water, but this is much more cute, isn't it?

By the way, thanks to all of you who were worried about me after I spent the whole post complaining about my day. It really does help to know that there are people out there concerned about me and ready to support me when I have days like that.

Labels: , ,



2 Comments:

Blogger Mandy said...

Glad to see you are feeling better today. I didn't read yesterday's post until today otherwise I would have shot you an email or something to say hi. Patrick is so cute in these pictures. The laundry basket is the cutest one though I think :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hair is so adorable!! He is such a funny guy. I love how strong he's getting. Look how he can sit so confidently now!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter