Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Small Favors
I ended up having problems falling asleep again last night. At least I fell asleep by about 2, but that's still way too late, especially when I was exhausted all evening and was in bed trying to sleep by midnight.

I was prepared to spend the day exhausted and crabby again when Patrick woke me up before 7:30 this morning. He's been pushing that morning feeding a few minutes earlier every day for the past week or so. Maybe I should push his bedtime back instead to encourage him to sleep later (did those words really come from a mom?). Actually, I think it's because he hears his daddy leave in the morning, and Matt's been leaving for work a little earlier than normal lately. Either way, I was expecting Patrick to want to be up from his morning nap close to 10:30 today so he could eat again. I tried the same ideas I did yesterday to trick him into sleeping longer--I was hoping maybe 11:00--and again they worked! He let me sleep until noon. Yes, noon!

I haven't slept that late since Patrick got home from the hospital, at least not when I've been unable to rely on Matt to entertain him. That sleep was very welcome, and I feel better again today. I just hope the extra sleep won't keep me from falling asleep at a normal time tonight.

Other than that, not much is going on around here. Patrick's been cute as always. I love seeing his adorable personality show itself more and more each day. He's been playing hard lately.
I had a lot of problems catching pictures of him playing in his ExerSaucer because as soon as I would get a good shot of his face, he would swivel yet again to play with a different toy. Even using the flash, I still ended up with way too many blurry pictures. I'm still partly dreading his discovery that he can move on his own because I'm sure he's going to be a terror once he gets moving. He's already tough to keep up with sometimes, and he can't even move out of the same spot!

He probably should have outgrown his gym by now too, but it's a good way for him to play without putting stress on his belly right after he eats, which keeps him from spitting up too much. As long as he still enjoys it, we'll keep using it. He really likes the little mirror that came with the gym, now that I've unstrapped it from the gym itself and he can hold it. He will pass it from hand to hand just staring at his reflection. I love when he smiles at himself and coos. I wonder if he thinks the baby in the mirror will talk back to him.

Labels: , ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all as mother have days like you did. At least today is a better one. Just keep up the good work as being a great mother and everything else will work out. I have enjoyed reading about Patrick, Matt, and You. Hope your days get better. Amy Chapel(Billings)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think when he is looking in the mirror he thinks he sees a very cute little boy, and wonders were he is so he can play with him!!:)Either way the picture is cute and I'm glad you are feeling better, I understand those days and I'm sure glad they are gone. Love you Tricia

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter