Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Tuesday, August 29, 2006
Bad Timing
Patrick totally has a sense of humor. Not only does he already think farts and burps are funny, but he's already developing a more mature humor as well. Yesterday I set him on our bed to have him nearby while I drew up his medicine. I started by placing him relatively close to the edge and then rethought that idea. He normally doesn't move much on the bed, but I didn't want yesterday to be the day he falls off the bed. After placing him right in the center of the bed where it should be impossible for him to fall off the edge in the short time I would be leaving him, I still felt the need to caution him. "Now don't suddenly decide this is the perfect time to learn how to crawl!"

I laughed at myself and answered for him (as I often do, and I think anyone would if they spent all day with someone who doesn't really understand them): "Right, Mom. I don't think that will be a problem."

Then I left for a few minutes to go into our bathroom to draw up his meds. I heard him chattering and squealing some during that short time, but I didn't give it a second thought. He often makes noises like that when he plays. So you can imagine my surprise when I walked back into the bedroom to find Patrick on his belly on the bed, reaching his hands out as far as possible to grab the edge of the bed. I think he thought it would be funny to try to crawl, right after I told him it was the worst possible time. I wonder if it had taken a few more minutes to get his meds ready if he would have mastered the art of crawling--or if he would have just maneuvered his way off the bed.

Since I didn't get any pictures over the weekend, here are lots that Matt and I took yesterday:

Patrick is playing with one of his favorite toys, Daddy's foot.

Not my best picture (my eyes have been really light-sensitive, so I can't look up into the lights without closing them), but Patrick was being super cute, perfectly content to lay back on my belly, something he never does.

This is quite the cheesy grin/laugh. It's contagious though; it makes me smile every time I see it.

And this is my new favorite picture of him. I love this smile. It shouldn't surprise you that he's flashing it at Daddy in the background.

Labels: ,



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pics are all so cute. The nice thing about daddy's foot as a favorite toy is not having to go shopping and pay a lot for it. Your favorite pic is mine too. Those little upper teeth are shining. Love to all 3.

Blogger Heather Noel said...

Those pictures are adorable especially the last one. It seems that they always do something at times when we least expect it or when we dont want them too. I guess they think it keeps up on our toes.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is so incredibly cute! I love the pictures. They're great.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank You, The blog is still the highlite of my day. I miss the Boy! Ok, and you two also.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter