Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Saturday, June 10, 2006
Back to Our Regularly Scheduled Programming...
Now that I took a three-day time-out from the typical daily blogs, I thought it was about time to get back to what everyone expects. By the way, thanks for all the comments on the past few posts, particularly the last one. It's kind of a big deal for me to put that much of myself out there; I'd been hiding that inner torment for months, so I felt kind of exposed and vulnerable in announcing my weaknesses to the world. It means a lot that I have good friends and family to support me through everything.

So the big event from the last few days happened today. Matt, Patrick, and I spent the day across town with one of my best friends. She is currently apartment shopping and wanted company as she visited several different complexes. I was a little nervous having to get up early today and then break Patrick's entire routine. Fortunately everything worked out well. Patrick caught a few short naps while we were driving from place to place and was perfectly charming while he was awake. He's a little upset now as a result of the different feeding and sleeping schedule, but after a more normal evening, he should go back to being happy Patrick again.

Funny enough, I think my friend Cathy is going to end up with an apartment in the same complex where I used to live across town, where I was living when I met Matt. It was actually creepy visiting the old complex and seeing their model apartment, set up exactly as mine was. It felt almost eerily familiar. While it would be neat for her to end up with my exact apartment, I'm kind of glad that one's not available. It would be too weird to walk into my old apartment and see someone else living there, even my best friend.

The funniest story from the day is when we stopped for ice cream. Cathy had found a new ice cream place in the area that served gelato (sp?) ice cream. She wanted us to try it (by the way, we loved it). Patrick was the cutest he had been all day. When Daddy sat him on his lap while he ate his ice cream cone, Patrick watched that cone carefully. He watched as Matt took each bite. After a minute, he started reaching for it. I got one good picture on my phone (too bad I don't know how to download it) and wished desperately for my camera. It was too funny. He really thought he was going to get ice cream. I did relent and give him the tiniest bite of my fruity ice cream, but that only made him want Daddy's ice cream more. I think we're creating a sugar addict already. And could it be instinctive in young children to want junk food like ice cream?

By the way, is anybody else having issues uploading pictures? I've tried repeatedly over the last few days to add pictures to the NICU post and can't get it actually on the blog, although it keeps saying it's uploaded. I tried on a blank blog too and had the same problems. It's not just my computer, is it?

Labels: , , ,



2 Comments:

Blogger Emmakirst said...

Too cute about the ice cream.

Blogger has been a severe pain in the A** the last few days. It has been pretty good to me today. Hopefully whatever has been going on is overwith.

Blogger Tonya said...

It is always hard to put yourself out like that Kathy :) I feel that way all the time when I make certain posts or even just my random thoughts post but Im glad you did. I could be theraputic for you as well as having people stand behind you or send some kind words :)

Oh Randie loves ice cream.. and anything sweet really.

Blogger has been a pain but I just uploaded pictures yesterday and today and they were fine. Whenever it is not working I always just use the link from my webspace instead of using blogger.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter