Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Friday, May 26, 2006
Yawn
I love quiet, lazy days, especially on vacation. I didn't like that we had to get up early to check out of the bed and breakfast this morning--we had a great time and I didn't want to leave--but at least the rest of the day has been pretty slow so far. We had a slow, late lunch then sat chatting while Patrick napped. We took a quick trip to Target when he woke up earlier than expected because he was in a great mood and my mom had some gift cards she wanted to spend there. Patrick picked out some toys he wanted Nana to buy for him (spoiled kid!), then proceeded to fuss all the way home. Apparently he was hungry and tired again already. Now he's napping again. Matt and Mom went to get ice cream while I sit here enjoying the quiet house. I think I may just follow Patrick's example and doze off until my ice cream gets here...umm, I mean until my mom and husband return.

Tonight will get a little busy again. In another hour or so my brother will arrive and shortly after that my dad gets back from his business trip. Sometime tomorrow my sister-in-law will fly back from her conference (she was supposed to get back today but had problems making the flight). Patrick hasn't had much one-on-one time with any of his aunts and uncles, so I'm looking forward to spending the weekend with Dave and Jen. It will be busy of course, but I think Patrick is getting used to going places and doing things. I hope he doesn't expect us to keep up this pace when we get home! I'll need a few weeks to recover from vacation. Isn't that ironic how that happens? The point of a vacation is to relax, yet somehow we need time after one to recover and relax before getting back to the normal routine.

Anyway, sorry for the lack of deep thoughts today. My thinker is too tired to do much work. I'm hoping to do another picture post tonight or tomorrow. We have just a few left on our memory card from Big Spring and then some from the hotel room last night. Hopefully by tomorrow I will also have some of Patrick in Dallas with family. Those are probably the best ones anyway, the ones with family.

Labels:



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you are having a good time in Dallas.

Blogger Tonya said...

It will be good for Patrick to get some one on one time with his aunt and uncle!! I know what you mean about needing to recover after vacation..lol You are supposed to be relaxing but you end up doing so many things that you need to relax and get back to the normal routine once you get home..

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter