Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Wednesday, May 17, 2006
Surfer Dude
Yes, in fact, I am waiting for the maid yet again today. She was at the room right next to ours when I left, making sure to take off the "do not disturb" sign. I dawdled at lunch, doing everything I could to give her plenty of time to finish our room. When I got back, she was doing the room on the other side of ours. I entered the room expecting it to be fresh and clean, but nope. I completely don't understand her system. What logical system would force her to skip our room? And in that one hour we were gone? I thought I'd timed it perfectly today. At least we have something to do today while she's cleaning our room, if Patrick is up from his nap in time.

You see, last night we took Patrick swimming for the first time. Here is the before picture:
He just knows he's too cool in his swimsuit and sunglasses. That means, yes, we actually found a swimsuit to fit him. It was dark outside, so the sunglasses were for show, but he's been wearing them often lately since he has been out in his stroller a lot this week.

I really had no idea what to expect from Patrick when he got in the water. I know he likes his baths, but I think that's as much because he's naked as the water itself. Also, Matt and I had forgotten about one small fact. Austin is a bit drier than Houston, which means it gets cooler in the evenings. A cool front also came through as we were on our way here. It was reasonably comfortable outside, but the water was absolutely frigid, at least for my taste. I got in up to my waist but was still shivering the whole time I was in the water. I was very nervous about how Patrick would react when I realized how cold it was. When he didn't scream with his feet in the water, we decided to go ahead and put him in his floatie, which would submerge him up to about his waist. He loved it. It has little handles for a parent to grab to pull the baby around in the water, but Patrick found that if he held on with all his might, he could sit up really straight. Not once did he scream from the chill of the water or being wet or anything. I think that's the happiest he was all day.

We didn't stay in long, partly because we were worried about Patrick getting too cold in the water but mostly because I was freezing and couldn't wait to get warm again. I think I am going to try to take him out swimming again this afternoon, though, when the maid gets here. It should be much warmer now, so maybe neither of us will freeze.

Oh, yeah, I'm sorry we didn't get any pictures of Patrick in the water. We didn't feel comfortable bringing our nice camera down to the public pool and leaving it there. We were also a bit nervous that it might get wet. We'll have to see about finding a way to get those kinds of pictures later.

Labels: , ,



6 Comments:

Blogger Tonya said...

Wow little surfer dude!! It is great that he liked the water. Randie didnt like her first experience but loved it afterwards.. Err @ the maid.. why would she skip your room? If you see her again when you are leaving you should ask her if she could do your room next..lol It would be great if you could get some pics of Patrick swimming :)

Blogger Kathy said...

Ah, see, there's the problem with the maid. I can't ask her to do my room. I don't know nearly enough Spanish for that, and I'd be surprised if she knew more than a word or two of English. Yesterday I called the front desk who could apparently get someone to translate, but I haven't done that yet today.

Blogger Tonya said...

aww okay.. well that would really suck then..lol If that maid could come in and clean your room when you are not there you would be all set!! Not have to try and keep patrick happy while you wait..

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patrick's sunglasses are just too cute! He's a pretty cool dude!

Blogger Becci said...

The sunglasses are stellar! He looks like a rock star.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

La criada dijo que usted es demasiado impaciente. Ella deseó hora de pasar a través de nuestra materia y de moverla alrededor.

Translation:
The maid said that you are too impatient. She wanted time to go through our stuff and move it around.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter