Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Wednesday, May 24, 2006
Another Travel Day
Today we drove from Big Spring to the Big D (actually one of its many suburbs), making a dinner stop in Abilene along the way. It was kind of sad leaving Big Spring. This was the longest I'd stayed there and was getting used to the laid-back way of life in the small town. Patrick also seemed to like it there. I think he misses his Gigi and Papa already, and probably all the dogs too.

The stop in Abilene was fun. Today is my baby brother's 24th birthday, and when I realized we'd be driving right through his town on his birthday, how could we not stop? It was even more crucial when I discovered that his new bride was going to be out of town at a conference on his birthday. I know our short stop for dinner wasn't much, but I hope it at least made the day somewhat special for him. His wife flies back into Dallas on Friday, so she and Dave are going to spend the weekend here with us. I have a feeling he will be in a much better mood then.

Patrick was very happy to get here tonight. I think the car ride upset his tummy because he's been spitting up more than usual tonight. That didn't stop him from having fun with Nana, though. Our favorite part of the hour before he crashed was when he found the Elmo ball. Every time Nana bounced it or threw it in the air, he gave a huge belly laugh. I'm hoping he'll do it again tomorrow so I can catch it on video. It was just too funny. Matt and I think he found it hilarious because somebody was actually taking the time to play with a ball with him (or because he just hadn't seen one before and couldn't figure it out). The crazy theory is that he liked it because he has an innate athletic ability.

One quick new thing Patrick has started doing, and then I'll start posting pictures. Yesterday I wore my glasses all day long because my allergy eyes couldn't handle contacts. Although he sees them for at least one feeding every day, Patrick suddenly found the glasses fascinating yesterday. During one feeding, he reached up and grabbed them right off my face. He managed to eat while playing with the glasses at the same time, swinging them around and pulling them to his face. I let him play until he started wanting to rub his eyes with the glasses. It was so funny watching him play with his improvised toy. I think he's finally really taking an interest in toys and anything that can possibly be used as a toy. Maybe that will be a good incentive for him to try sitting up and crawling now.

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Blogger Tonya said...

Glad you had a good time and got to see your brother on his birthday as well :) YAY @ Patrick for playing with new things and taking more of an interest.. I think he will be crawling in no time!!

Blogger Lauren said...

Glad you enjoyed Big Spring! Come back again soon :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter