Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Tuesday, May 16, 2006
More Baby Drama
I hope everyone doesn't mind yet another rant about Patrick today because that's what's on my mind.

Yesterday afternoon, Patrick continued to be fussy for me after I blogged. It took about two more hours before I got him to actually go to sleep for his nap (at least he took one!). Then, naturally, as soon as Matt got back to the room, Patrick was awake and happy and ready to play. He was great during dinner--and the long drive to get there--and was even content as we wandered around the store for a while after that. He was awake much longer than usual and didn't even act tired.

Then we got back and he screamed. He was so far beyond tired that he couldn't get himself relaxed enough to sleep. We finally had to leave him alone in the room, retreat to the bedroom part of the suite, and let him scream. Finally he fell asleep.

He woke up again at 6:30 this morning, upset and hungry. He hasn't gotten up that early in a long time. Fortunately, a quick feeding and a little cuddle time with Mommy were enough to calm him right back to sleep. The rest of the morning was nice; he let me sleep until 11:00.

Here's where the real rant comes in. He had been acting like his reflux medicine had finally gotten control of his belly, not spitting up more than a couple of drops all morning. That lasted until I woke him up for his bath after getting myself ready (mistake #1). He spit up a little in the bath, of course just as I'd finished washing and rinsing him. To keep the smell from sticking, I proceeded to wash and rinse him again. Then just as I put him down to get him lotioned and dressed, he exploded, shooting spit-up all over the floor and me. At least he acted much happier after getting all that out of him.

I had been really careful to prevent the same crying spell that started it all yesterday before lunch by having almost everything ready to go as soon as he was dressed. That way he wouldn't have to wait on me and get impatient. Of course, when he drowned me in spit-up, that killed that idea. Before I could leave, I needed to change clothes and find some perfume or something to cover up the sour milk smell. I was lucky that he didn't cry too much during that time, but it still got him all worked up again.

He cried at lunch unless the spoon was in his mouth. Again, it was a struggle trying to feed both myself and him at the same time. I must be getting better, though, because we managed to finish eating at about the same time today. Then came the mad rush to get out of there before he could start screaming from impatience again. Really, it was getting close to naptime, and it's quite possible that's what was causing the fussiness.

When we got back, I discovered the maid hadn't come to clean the room while we were gone. I'd deliberately stalled, picking a restaurant much farther away today, so that we didn't have the same problem we did yesterday of having to wait on the maid. Apparently they had given up on us actually leaving for the day. I called and they're planning to come by when they finish all the other rooms, but then I'll have to wake Patrick up from his nap and find something to do to entertain him while they're here. What a pain. It's tempting to just sit downstairs in the lobby and let him cry. Maybe they'll all get so annoyed by it that they'll encourage the maid to not let the same thing happen tomorrow. I watched the maid down the hall as she watched us leave. It feels like she deliberately ignored our room, even though I know (I hope) that isn't the case.

Ugh, sorry for the long rant again today. Traveling can be frustrating sometimes. Patrick does not react well to the change in routine, and that causes a lot of trouble for me. Of course, I don't react well to a change in routine either, and maybe I'm passing that on to him. While I'm looking forward to the other stops on our trip to see family, I'm already kind of anxious to be back home and back to a normal routine.

Labels: , ,



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why honey, I don't know why you would ever say such things about that little angel I came home to yesterday... laughing and playing... he even giggled at you!... Sorry it has been another trying day while I am in class.

Blogger Tonya said...

aww that is not fair matt.. teasing like that...lol

Kathy I feel ya with the spit up that is for sure.. been there done that ALOT!! It sux about the maid though.. I would tell them when you want the room done or when you are going out.. I wonder if that would be alright you having a baby and all? Well I hope the vacation gets alot better for you soon but it will be nice for you to get back to your normal routine as well :) *hugs*

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hopefully the other stops on your trip will have much more entertainment for Patrick as well as a little more of a normal routine. Hotels with babies can be a little awkward sometimes. Time for a night away!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter