Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Sunday, May 07, 2006
7-7-7
Family picture before church on May 7

Today, on the seventh, Patrick turns seven months old. To commemorate the occasion, here are seven lessons I've learned in the last seven months:

1. If Patrick needs a bath before going somewhere for the day, I absolutely cannot get myself dressed first--unless I want to change out of pee-splattered clothes again before leaving.

2. As much as Patrick loves spinach, it is the most disgusting ingredient in his diet. Not only does it stain almost anything (including carpet), it also stinks badly in its pure form, even worse when it comes out the second time, and the worst in the diaper. Ewww.

3. Everything exists for the sole purpose of entertaining Patrick, especially people. Once they no longer entertain him, they have no reason to stick around.

4. Patrick has yet to understand the difference between his outside voice and his inside voice ("six-inch" voice)--especially during prayers at church.

5. Babies develop a personality a lot sooner than I expected. Patrick oozes with personality all day long and somehow seems to find more to show us every day.
6. Naptime is the best time of day. I look forward to it all morning, anticipating it like Christmas or my birthday. I love the few minutes of me time I get after several hours catering to Patrick's needs. Then a few short minutes after he drifts off, all I want is for him to wake up and need me again.

7. There is nothing sweeter than knowing he loves me. When he smiles that huge toothless sleepy grin when I lean over his crib each morning, I know without a doubt that all the frustrations and tears, poop and spit-up are more than worth it to have Patrick in my life.
Patrick in his "big boy" stroller for the first time
(He needed a smaller, more portable stroller for vacation.)

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Patrick looks so grown up both in his church clothes and in his big stroller. Where did you go to church today? I've been thinking about where we were 7 months ago. What an interesting 7 months it has been. I'm so proud of that little guy -- and his parents.

Blogger Lauren said...

Cute cute cute!

I love the family picture...you all look great!

I like the picture of him in the stroller, too. Very grown up :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter