Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Tuesday, May 30, 2006
Feet Obsession
I suppose it's better than a shoe obsession (we'll save that for our first girl), but Patrick has started being obsessive about his feet. Almost any time he's on his back, he's pulling those feet up and grabbing at them. I suspected this was bound to happen eventually, the day he discovered those things at the end of his legs made good toys. As long as it keeps him entertained, I'm all for it. Those are the cheapest toys yet, and he's strengthening his back and leg muscles at the same time. I think with a little more practice, he will have stretched those muscles out enough to pull the feet all the way to his face. I'm pretty sure that's his final goal: to get the feet to his mouth. I think they look as appetizing to suck on as his fingers, or ours.

Both Patrick and I are spending another day catching up, sleeping until almost noon with just one feeding around 8:15 earlier in the morning. I'm finally starting to feel almost rested. That's a good feeling after being so exhausted for so long. Today Matt had to go back to work for the first time in over two weeks, so we're all getting used to the old routine. I think Patrick's actually getting bored knowing what to expect with the routine. I feel bad for Matt, though. While we were gone, they reorganized much of his company, especially in the department where he works. He has to get used to a new line of command above him. He also had to go to a meeting first thing this morning about the status of the project he's working on. The last meeting was the day before we left. How could he even know the status if he's been gone the whole time? Sometimes I'm glad to be out of the workplace. It's much easier to return to my job than a "real" one, when all sorts of changes have taken place while we were gone. See, one more reason to love my job!

Labels: ,



4 Comments:

Blogger Tonya said...

Oh it is so cute when they find their feet and toes :) They will be in his mouth in no time!! lol

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope everything went o.k. with Matt's first day back. Enjoy getting back to a routine.

Blogger Becci said...

LOL I think my baby is now trying to put her feet to MY mouth!

And blech on going back to work.

Blogger Mandy said...

Maddy is so limber now that we she acts like her feet are another pair of hands. She puts them on her bottle and sometimes she flails them around and smacks herself in the face with them. Too funny!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter