Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Monday, May 29, 2006
Starting to Catch Up
We are all exhausted today. I think it's the let-down from the vacation. I slept in until about 11:00 and still wished I could have gone back to sleep. Matt got up earlier to do the lawn, but the day has turned out dreary and rainy on and off all day, so he'll have to postpone yardwork plans until another day. At least he got a short nap this afternoon. Patrick had unusual sleeping patterns last night, too. He woke up just before midnight, so I fed him. He woke up again at 6:15, much earlier than normal. I fed him again, and he went right back to sleep. Fortunately, then he slept until 11:00 when he woke me up. He easily went down for an afternoon nap earlier than usual, and only an hour after waking up is back down for another nap.

I'm hoping it's a combination of let-down from the trip and familiar yet unfamiliar surroundings that are upsetting Patrick. He seems happy to be home, and has woken up most of the time content and chattering, not crying. But the happiness doesn't last very long, and he soon turns to inconsolable crying. He hasn't had crying spells like these in a long time, where there wasn't a pretty obvious reason why he was upset. We're wondering if he is getting bored with just me and Matt and wants Nana or Gigi or any of the many people he had at his beck and call on vacation. We also noticed last night and this morning that his gums are starting to erupt into another mountain range, so he could possibly be suffering from teething pain again. (Maybe this time, it will actually end in teeth!) If that's the case, it is bad timing to start teething just as he returns home and to his normal routine. Just as one thing settles down, something else starts, keeping him upset. If you can't tell, it's upsetting me too. I hate trying so hard to console my screaming baby and knowing nothing I can do will help.

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Patrick is fussy. He may be finally getting those teeth. He certainly did chew a lot while he was here -- especially on his fists! I'm sure he is also missing all the attention. Hopefully he'll settle back in to the regular routine now. We miss you guys already.

Blogger Tonya said...

aww poor patrick and poor mommy.. Your mom is right it could be teething and also getting back to his regular routine. I hope he gets back to normal soon and you get some more sleep ((hugs))

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter