Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Saturday, February 11, 2006
Olympics and Shopping
I'll admit it: I'm an Olympics addict. The last few times they've been on, I've watched every sport I could stand and found a few I'd never been interested in before. This year, though, I'm having to share the TV with my husband. He doesn't really like any sport. Will I get to watch the ever-suspenseful figure skating finals? What about snowboarding (a new obsession)? I'd hate to find out all the interesting storylines and breath-taking wins and losses from a minute-long blurb on the news instead of experiencing it in person. I suppose we'll have to see what kind of compromise we can agree on...

In unrelated news, I have gone shopping a lot in the last couple days. I had to find a dress for my brother's wedding in March, and my mom wanted to go shopping for baby clothes too. Not that I mind getting new clothes or looking through cute baby outfits. Unfortunately I cannot obsess about shopping the same way I can about the Olympics. I've done better than I expected with the many hours of shopping this weekend, but there are times I had to control my impatience very carefully. At least we had success in both searches. That makes the frustration of shopping worth it.

Cute things Patrick has done in the last day or so: Last night, Nana was teasing Patrick for sneezing by fake sneezing back to him. Apparently Patrick thought that was great and imitated her by fake sneezing back. He has occasionally imitated something we've done, but that was by far the cutest. Another time, Nana leaned in to give him a kiss, and Patrick decided that was the perfect time to stick out his tongue. I don't think he's learned yet when that kind of kiss is appropriate. He seems to have inherited some of his personality from Uncle Dave; we may have to watch his interactions with girls for the next few years and make sure he doesn't attempt any other such mature moves too early. :)

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter