Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Friday, February 10, 2006
Where's My Muse?
Aargh. I really want to blog and I really don't have any brilliant inspiration for a subject. So if this ends up rambling, tough. I'll probably delete it and start over anyway if it does ramble.

Thanks to all who bothered to read yesterday's interminable post about breastfeeding. I have something of an update to that today. Yesterday because of unusual circumstances, I ended up pumping and bottle-feeding Patrick that breastmilk for all but one feeding. I did surprisingly miss the breastfeeding some. I might not have if I'd had an electric pump--manually pumping was getting frustrating--but it's hard to know. Either way, I'm sort of looking forward to breastfeeding him the next time he needs to eat.

Yes, we are in Dallas now after arriving late yesterday evening. Patrick has already started adapting well to his new surroundings. I think he likes having new people to smile at. He seemed truly happy to be held by Nana and Grandpa last night. This is the first time we've gotten to share his grins with other people. Patrick's smiles can certainly light up a room. I can't wait for the rest of his extended family to enjoy those smiles too, especially his other grandparents.

See, there, I just did it. I wrote a really long paragraph and then decided I hated it all. I guess I just don't know what I want to say today. And I'm going to have to give up pretty soon. I have quite a day planned, mostly just showing off the cute baby. At least I'll get out of the house, and most likely more than once. That's certainly a change from normal. By the way, expect a post later this weekend with some pictures of Patrick in Dallas. I haven't broken out the camera in several days, so I'm itching to do so now that I have different surroundings and backgrounds to try out--and new people to photograph holding him.

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

I can relate on not knowing what to write about. I'm having the same problem today :) So, I probably won't post at all and just wait for something exciting to happen later.

Have fun with your parents in Dallas :)

~Lauren

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right about his smile! The whole house is brighter. I'm glad his other grandparents will get to experience that soon, too.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter