Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Wednesday, February 08, 2006
Clothing Issues
I got such a good response from yesterday's blog that I'm reluctant to post anything today; I can't happen upon such brilliance two days in a row. I also don't have anything nearly as sentimental to post, probably nothing of much interest to anybody. If you stumble across this blog, skip this post and move on down to the next one. The pictures are the real reason to stop here anyway. Speaking of pictures, I had to post one more of Patrick in his yellow outfit so everyone could see the whole thing. It is the most special article of clothing we own. It was handmade by Patrick's great-grandmother. She has since passed away. The detailed stitching is probably what won it a top prize at the state fair. (Do I have that story right, Gigi?) We're thrilled Patrick can finally fit into it. We were planning to have him wear it home from the hospital, but he would have drowned in it then. So here he is in it, at last.

In other clothing news, Patrick is still rapidly growing. It feels like he just graduated into newborn sized clothing, and now very few still fit. It is certainly a bittersweet conundrum. It's exciting that he is growing so fast, and I love seeing him in all the new cute outfits. It feels like he almost always has new clothes to wear. On the other hand, we are always forced to buy those new clothes (or beg the grandmas to go shopping for us :) ). I also love some of the clothes he's grown out of, and it makes me sad to think I won't see him in them any longer. When I buy clothes for myself, I expect to wear them year after year. I still have some T-shirts and maybe a dress from high school. I've gotten so into the "wear it forever" mentality that it disappoints me to rethink that mentality for Patrick's clothes. I suppose I must just get used to it because from what I understand, he will grow like a weed for many more years. At least his wardrobe will never get boring. Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me jump in and say thanks for the pictures of JoAnnes outfit. He is hansom no matter what he wears, but that one brings tears to his Gigi's eyes. As for clothes, you better talk to Papa, I have either one X-large or two large boxes to get ready to mail out. I have been shoping, too. Love you all.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter