Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Monday, February 13, 2006
Drawing a Title Blank Today
I feel like an awful blogger for not posting any new pictures recently. The Dallas pictures didn't pan out as promised. We were so busy most of the weekend that I forgot to take very many pictures. I'll try to snap a few pictures this afternoon, maybe even in a new outfit. :)

Last night was quite frustrating. Patrick slept most of the day yesterday, after church anyway, so he wasn't quite ready for bed at the usual time. Matt and I were planning to stay up later, so we let Patrick hang out with us, then fed him one more time and put him to bed. He seemed tired when he went to bed and certainly wasn't hungry, so we were hoping for a nice, long night. Patrick didn't quite have the same idea in mind. After only about five hours, he decided to wake up and cry. I tried several times over the next hour and a half to comfort him back to sleep, but he wasn't buying it. He would fall asleep for a few minutes and then wake up screaming just as I would start to doze off again. I finally gave up and fed him earlier than normal, just to try to get him to go back to bed so I could too. It did work, but I have yet to recover from my interrupted sleep. As I whine, though, I realize how much better the night still was than when he was a newborn (or first home from the hospital). Maybe instead of complaining, I should be grateful he slept those five hours so well.

Cute Patrick things update:
I have two more cute stories about things Patrick did yesterday. After church, my friend Susan was holding him. He was grinning at her and clearly liked her. Her husband John came to see him too after a minute. Now, Matt and I and my whole family are fairly small people. These are the people Patrick is used to seeing. John is considerably taller than anyone Patrick has been near before. He also has that deep manly voice that Patrick is attracted to. When he heard John's voice, he looked up to see who it was. He raised his eyes to about the level he would expect to find his daddy. When he didn't see eyes, he lifted his eyes and head, up and up until he found John's face, leaving his jaw against his chest. The result was a look of surprise and awe. It was so funny to watch. The other funny story happened in the car on the drive home. Somebody in the car suddenly passed gas (not Patrick), and it was rank. At first I didn't think Patrick noticed it. But then his face screwed up funny like he was about to cry, then morphed into the wide-eyed, open-mouth face of surprise. I'm quite sure that's when he caught a whiff of the awful smell. Matt and I laughed about that hilarious face the rest of the way home.

Labels: , ,



2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine said...

Hey girl-of course I remember you!! OK, so I never made the connection that you and Dave are siblings-how crazy-I guess he never did either! Yes, I know both of them-how fun. Yes, it is interesting how this whole blog/Xanga/facebook, etc. is bringing people together-it's great! I know God will continue to work in mighty ways-even through our feeble attempts. I'm so thankful-hope all is well! Keep in touch-I love hearing about your son. God bless~

P.S. Are you talking about John & Susan Cooper? I miss them!!

Blogger Katherine said...

Ok, it seriously IS a small world-especially in the C of C world!! That is crazy-so they go to Garden Ridge? That is great-it is an awesome church. How funny-and Mitch and Graham are crazy-I love those guys, I hung out with them, Jen, Nathan Zinck (do you remember him?) and a bunch of others a lot last semester...not so much this semester because my job keeps me pretty busy. Anyway, I just love the circle-I wonder who else we know?!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter