Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Sunday, February 12, 2006
Church
Sorry for posting so late today. It was certainly a busy day. We had church in the morning followed by a quick lunch, a visit with Matt's aunt in the afternoon, the long drive home, then unpacking and laundry. This is the first time I've touched a computer all day. I was going through withdrawal.

The best part of the day was definitely church this morning. I didn't realize quite how much I missed it until I was there again. It seems weird, but I'm more at home at my parents' church than any other right now. I've been there more times than any churches in this area of Houston and even have some old friends from college and my old church there. The people I don't know there are super friendly too. I've made new friends there. The best part about it this morning, though, was showing off Patrick. Few people I knew made it to the Christmas morning service, the only other time we've taken Patrick to church. This morning everyone was there. He was being cute and smiley (until the sheer number of people cooing over him overwhelmed him) and made several of my and my parents' friends feel special by showering them with his grins. It was fun sort of being the center of attention. It's amazing how people seem to be drawn to parents holding a baby. Even at restaurants everyone wants to be our best friend, asking all the typical questions about Patrick--age, weight, whether he sleeps through the night, etc. You'd think I'd get tired of answering all the same questions, but I love it. I'm just so proud of him that it's a joy to brag about him. This is definitely one of the fun aspects of parenthood.

Another fun part of the weekend was discovering that Patrick is going to be much better clothed for the next few months. Both grandmas took the "clothing issues" blog as a plea for more baby clothes (which was most certainly not my intention!); Nana (my mother) went shopping with us while we were in Dallas, and Gigi (Matt's mother) had two packages of baby clothes waiting on us when we got home. It's so much fun getting new clothes, even if Patrick's going to be the one wearing them. I hope I have enough hangers and room in his closet for everything!

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Blogger Katherine said...

Hey Kathy! I just found your blog today and thought I would say hello-I had no idea that you were reading mine!! HA! Congratulations on your little Patrick-he is adorable. I went to Master Follies this past weekend-it seems like everyone is having kids (not me!!) Anyway, I hope that all is well and that God is blessing you! Good to find you again...

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter