Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
The Nursery
I finally got around to taking pictures of the nursery after stage one of decorating. For the record, though, we'll probably call it the boys' room as often as the nursery. I don't want Patrick to grow up thinking he still sleeps in a nursery like a little baby.
This is Patrick's toddler bed. It will soon have official toddler bedding on it, in two shades of blue, a lighter blue (but not baby blue) and navy. There will also be something on his shelf to the left--if we can ever figure out what we want there.

And this is Nathan's side of the room. You can see the bedding we finally decided on. I totally love it, and I think we can add touches to Patrick's side that aren't too baby-ish. Again, though, we need help with the empty shelf. We have two ideas for the start of decorations on the shelf, but they won't be enough by themselves--either blocks spelling out their names or little hand-carved trains in primary colors that spell out their names. Eventually there will also be a rug in the middle of the carpet, not that you can see where it will go.
So now what ideas do you have to help fill out the room some, decorations-wise anyway?

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and Matt did a great job finding furniture for Nathan to match Patrick's. The room will look incredible, I'm sure. I love the idea of blocks or train cars to spell their names. I haven't had any other great ideas yet about what else to do, but I'll keep thinking. :)

Blogger Lauren said...

So cute! I love the bedding :) If I come up with any ideas, I'll let you know. You could also do the wooden letters (painted blue or whatever) to spell out their names. Good luck :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter