Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Tuesday, May 01, 2007
What You've All Been Waiting For
Today was sonogram day! It turns out that everything--that we could see anyway--is perfectly normal. Of course, knowing our family, normal covers a wide range!

Baby was anything but cooperative, though. Every time the tech would get a great view for a measurement and pause the screen, Baby would move just before she could get that measurement. S/he also kept those legs crossed throughout the entire exam, making gender identification difficult, to say the least.

The tech got a few good shots anyway. Here's the face from the side:
This is our best guess at the gender. It looks like that protuberance pointed out by the arrow may just be a "deedle," as the tech put it. Without knowing anything definite, we're leaning towards a boy based on this picture. (Of course, if you blow up the picture enough, it also looks like it could easily be an umbilical cord, which kept getting in the way and looking like something else for a brief second before we identified it as the cord. That's why we're left with as much doubt as we have.)
Baby was apparently pleased by his (?) own efforts at hiding the gender, so he gave us a thumbs-up right after the quick moment of possible identification.
And I always love these shots of the spine. It's one of the few things I can decipher easily with my untrained eye.
So it looks like we're buying mostly gender neutral stuff to be on the safe side, but maybe filling in with blue. And until we know for sure, we're going with what the tech told us; she's the one with all the experience after all. That means we're calling him Nathan Robert--unless he comes out missing that obvious "deedle."

Labels: ,



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the last line of your blog! Nathan is a beautiful name that sounds wonderful with your last name. I hope he(?) doesn't turn out to so uncooperative in everything else! What's with these grandchildren??? Anyway, his first portraits are beautiful, and the most important thing is that everything appears healthy. Yay!!

Blogger Lauren said...

Great pictures! Looks like a boy to me, but as you know, one can never be sure. My nurse calls the "deedle" a "turtle" and the girl part she refers to as a "taco." I found that pretty funny. I'm so glad everything looked good!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say the picture are wonderful to look at over and over again. That is why I haven't said anything until now. They are precious but I have to tell you, I'm not sure about the "deedle". I do however love the name you have choosen. I think a Patrick and a Nathan is a sweet combanation when call them!!!Anyway as your Mom says he/she does look healthy! Love to all four of you!!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter