Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Saturday, August 19, 2006
See Yesterday's Title
This time it's me going through a bad case of deja vu. I spent yesterday moving very, very delicately, to avoid angering the lump in my boob. It just won't stay away. I've completely lost count how many times this is now. Fortunately it again went away on its own earlier today, but it still feels a little tender. I always expected my main motivation to wean would be teeth marks in my boob, followed closely by Patrick's desire to move on. Nobody ever told me the pain of repeated breast infections or clogged ducts would be much worse than the occasional bite. Less than two more months...

The spitting up is getting better again too. It was the weirdest thing yesterday, though. He hadn't spit up much all day, even when leaning over really far right after eating, which is the fastest way to make him puke. Then I moved him carefully into our room and laid him on his back on our bed while I got his medicine ready. Almost as soon as his medicine made it into his belly, the spitting up began. It looked suspiciously like the medicine caused the tummy problems. Isn't that backwards? I thought the medicine was supposed to prevent that, not cause it! It hasn't happened since, but I'm hoping that means he doesn't desperately need the medicine anymore and that we can start weaning him off it before long.

And I wonder if Patrick is a boy genius. He is without a doubt a boy, eager to make noise with anything and a mess out of anything. Dinnertime is a favorite for him. He has started playing with the plastic lids to his Gerber food containers while I feed him. They make good banging toys apparently. He also watches like a hawk for when I drop any of his food off his spoon onto the high chair tray. He takes that drop as an invitation to reach out his hand and smear the food everywhere. Last night, though, I unintentionally gave him a good problem to solve: I dropped some of his green beans much too far back on the tray for him to reach. He had to smear that drop, so how was he going to reach it? He stretched out the hand with the lid in it and smeared it with that. He seemed satisfied that he had done his job, as he left it alone after that.

Patrick and I spent this afternoon across town at my friend Cathy's place. I think I'll probably tell the fun stories from that tomorrow, as well as insert the cute picture of Patrick playing with her cat. It was a fun afternoon, though, and I think we all had a good time. Patrick and the cat were certainly entertaining.

Here are the many faces of Patrick during yesterday's photo shoot:

The yawn

The snarl

The toothy grin

The toothy cry
The tongue

Labels: , , ,



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pictures are darling. PaPa played the viddeo over the phone for both of us so we got to hear him saying mama. He sure has it down pat. We sure would like to see him and spoil him a little for you. We love all 3 of you.

Blogger Emmakirst said...

How cute is he!~ He's too smart leaning over with the jar cover to make his little mess :) Sorry about the infection coming back :( Hope it goes away quickly for you.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is rather ingenious, isn't he? And the messy thing-- definitely not taking after his mom with that one!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter