Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Friday, August 18, 2006
Here We Go Again
Anybody remember several days ago when I hesitantly mentioned the spit-up was getting better? I hadn't updated since because I was afraid of jinxing myself. Apparently avoiding the topic didn't help anything because yesterday ended up being a bad spit-up day.

It started when about half an hour into his usual marathon afternoon nap, Patrick woke up crying. I attempted to ignore him at first, hoping he'd go right back to sleep, but the crying only escalated. I finally gave up and checked on him. He'd rolled over onto his belly and couldn't figure out how to roll back over. He was also swimming in a nasty wet spit-up spot on the sheet. It didn't look like he would be going right back to sleep, so I let him get up and play. While he seemed pretty happy part of the time (see pictures below), he would occasionally act like he didn't feel good and then spit up again. My pretty white shirt had orange sleeves within an hour, and I smelled suspiciously like vegetable beef. I suspect it was a bad reaction to his lunch, since he hadn't had vegetable beef in a long time. He seems to be feeling a bit better today, but he's still spitting up more than he was earlier in the week.

The fussiness is continuing too. I think the teething is killing him this time. He grabs at his ears a lot and will randomly start whining or fussing at any time, even if he was perfectly content just minutes before. I think these teeth in particular hurt more as they come through, and to complicate matters, I think as they come in, they are pushing his front middle teeth together to sort of close the gap. I remember how much it hurt me when I had retainers and braces to close gaps, and I bet it hurts much worse when that pain occurs along with the pain of cutting teeth.

On the bright side, though, Patrick has been increasingly vocal in the last few days. He still only has his one word, mama, but he's been repeating it almost any time he wants to tell us something. I think right now he uses it for "mama," "more," "dada," "I want out of bed," and simply a way to get our attention. Sometimes if I say "mama," he will mouth it back to me, although he won't say it out loud when he repeats me. He's starting to say either "poo" or "boo" as well. I'm not sure which he means, but I'm going to laugh really hard if his next word is "poo-poo." To change it up sometimes, he will just squeal. During lunch today he was having a blast squealing at Daddy and listening as Daddy imitated the squeal exactly as Patrick did it in the first place.
I got very lucky yesterday and caught a couple of short video clips of Patrick repeating "mama" while he was playing in his ExerSaucer.

Labels: , , ,



5 Comments:

Oh my! The video is SO sweet!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy!!! What an adorable baby boy! I pledged LOA the year you graduated (I think) - I'm now a SAHM to a baby boy too :) Maybe I'll see you at the LOA bfast? I don't have a blog, but here's a link to some videos of our baby boy. Have a great day!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The video is great! He loves his new word, doesn't he? I hope the teething gets a lot better soon!

Blogger Tonya said...

OMG that has to be the cutest video ever!!! I know I have been a blog slacker major lately but I was just catching up.. :)

Blogger Heather Noel said...

I love the video. That is too cute.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter