Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Monday, June 05, 2006
More About Feet
Patrick has a tooth! Gone is our sweet, innocent toothless baby. We now have a pre-toddler who will soon enough discover the purpose of teeth. Let's hope that doesn't happen while he's eating from me. By the way, it is the left bottom middle tooth, not the one that I thought was going to break through the gums first. It's only barely there--you can't even see it without looking closely--but you know for sure when you feel it. I hope it turns out this was worth over four months of teething!

Hopefully unrelated to the topic of the new tooth, I have more pictures of Patrick, this time playing with his feet and legs. He still hasn't figured out he's flexible enough to turn his toes into teething rings, but that doesn't keep him from grabbing at them, mostly while he's playing on his back or eating.

Sometimes he actually plays with his feet--in other words, he uses his feet to play with toys. He wouldn't do it for the camera yesterday, but you can sort of see in this picture how he can hold his feet together tightly to grab at something. He also inherited some freakishly long and narrow toes that can grab and pinch as well as his hands. I think he must have inherited those from my side of the family; my dad has always sworn my mom can write with her toes (I think he's kidding--I think) and I can easily pick small things off the ground with my toes.
Apparently the obsession with feet does not end with his own either. He found Daddy's socked foot fascinating last night. He was playing in his ExerSaucer, and Matt and I were lying on the floor nearby, watching him play and watching tv. Matt happened to lift his foot, bringing it near Patrick. Immediately we saw tiny baby hands reach out for the toes and a tiny baby mouth open as though it expected to be filled with Daddy toes any minute. Matt let him play with the end of the sock for a minute, but it grossed both of us out too much to let it end up in Patrick's mouth. I suppose he realizes that toes are good teething toys; he just doesn't realize that his own are better than Daddy's.
"I feel like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight!"

Labels: , ,



3 Comments:

Blogger Tonya said...

YAY!! @ the first tooth.. WTG Patrick :) It wont be long before those feet are in his mouth.. I howled at the "I feel like chicken tonight.. like chicken tonight" Too funny and of course he is as adorable as always :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super cute pictures! I'm so happy he finally got that first tooth. The next ones should follow pretty quickly.

Blogger Mandy said...

Yay! On the first tooth! We are still waiting for a tooth! I think since we live on a farm, maybe the tooth fairy is stalling a bit ...

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter