Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Friday, April 14, 2006
Good Friday Indeed
Not only is today a good Friday because it is the Friday before Easter, or because most of us get the day off, but also because today is the anniversary of my wonderful husband's birth. Yup, today Matt turns 25 years old. That makes today the last of the major landmark birthdays (16--driver's license, 18--right to vote and buy cigarettes, 21--right to buy alcohol, etc) for another quarter of a century. This is the year he gets a serious reduction in car insurance and is legally able to rent a car for insurance purposes. It might not be the same as receiving his AARP card in the mail when he turns 50, but we'll take the lower insurance rates for now. :)

Matt sure has changed over the years, hasn't he? The first picture is one of his earliest baby pictures, courtesy of his parents, and the second is one of our engagement pictures, courtesy of my brother Steve. Although the engagement picture was taken awhile back, he still looks pretty much the same. His smile is just as sweet now as it was when he was a baby.

In the past year, Matt has been a blessing to so many people, and I feel compelled to remind him how special he is.

Matt, you are a blessing to everyone in your family. You are a great husband, father, son, son-in-law, grandson, brother, and brother-in-law. You make your family a priority, always sacrificing your own desires to take care of your loved ones first.

You are a blessing at work. From what I hear, not only do you do your job exceptionally well, but you are always willing to give a hand anywhere you see you can help. Your generous attitude and flawless work ethic make you invaluable to your company and your co-workers.

You are a blessing to our son. The way his face lights up when you walk into the room shows just how much he loves you. You are so patient with him, holding him close to you and comforting him until he falls asleep on your chest, tolerating his screaming and squirming much longer than I would be able to. You are a great father, and I am proud that Patrick will grow up with such a strong example to look up to.

Most of all, you are a wonderful husband. I never expected to find someone so perfect for me. You bless me daily just by being there for me. I never tire of your presence and miss you more than you realize when you're at work during the day. It means so much to me how willing you are to take care of me, even doing things I could do for myself, and even after coming home tired after working a long day. I don't deserve someone as wonderful as you in my life, but now I don't know what I would do without you around. I am excited that I get to help you celebrate your 25th birthday, and I'm sad that I missed the first twenty-three. I hope I get many more than twenty-five birthdays to spend with you.

Happy 25th birthday, my love.

By the way, when I got the baby pictures from Matt's parents, I realized something interesting. If I didn't know better, I would think the pictures were of my son, not my husband. Look at this side-by-side comparison.

I won't make you play the guessing game, even though it seems pretty obvious. Matt's the cutie on the top, and Patrick on the bottom. See any family resemblance there? It's clear to me now where Patrick got his good looks!

Labels: , ,



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am most assuredly the one that has been blessed. What a great Friday this Good Friday is turning out to be.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I told you those were two cuties!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you found the man who would fulfill your dreams. You both and your son make such a sweet family. We're blessed to be a part of your lives. Happy birthday, Matt!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter