Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Wednesday, February 22, 2006
They Grow Up So Fast!
Especially Patrick. It seems like he's hitting most of his milestones early, especially when you consider he should be two months behind what is considered normal. I've finally decided that Patrick must just want to grow up fast. That would explain why he came two months early and then wondered why everyone made such a fuss over the fact that he didn't have any prematurity problems. He just thought he was a normal newborn. It also explains why he started rolling over so early, sitting so early, and teething so early. He's also acting more and more like milk isn't enough for him anymore. It's early for solids, but if that's what he wants, that's what he'll get.

It's exciting for us as first-time parents to see him reach all these milestones early. We are certainly proud of him. I just know that in a few years I will miss never really appreciating him as he was before each of the milestones. I will wish that he hadn't been so eager to grow up and that we hadn't encouraged it as much as we have. I guess that means from now on I need to stop worrying about what he's ready for next and enjoy what he does now. Everything else will come in its own time.

On a different note, it's been a lot of fun watching the Olympics with Patrick. His favorite sport is clearly figure skating. He has seemed to watch all the skating we've had on diligently. Because that sounds unusual for a little boy, Matt and I have made all sorts of jokes about it. We were encouraged last night, though, when he showed the most interest in ladies' figure skating. He likes pretty girls in short skirts a lot more than fruity-looking guys. Either that, or the skating was just better.

And where does Patrick keep finding all those Mommy hairs? It seems like every time I look, he is clutching one (or several) of my hairs. It makes sense just after I've been holding him close and he has a death-grip on my hair. I always pluck all those hairs out of his hand when I put him down, though. So how does he end up with one in his hand later? What about when he first wakes up in the morning? Does he comb everything he encounters for a hair to grab? Or have they just started growing straight from his hand? It's quite the mystery.

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter