Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Sunday, February 19, 2006
Our Little Man
Sorry for the onslaught of pictures, but the shutterbug in me came out in full force this weekend. After you've looked at the adorable pictures of Patrick in his church outfit, I'll regale you with the stories of the weekend.

I sure hope he ends up liking puppy dogs, since we keep dressing him like one. Isn't the hat just too cute?
He's reaching for someone to save him from the incessant picture-taking, I suppose.

His daddy certainly loves him. I love this look the most.

So yesterday we went shopping for a little while and found a tux (sort of) for Patrick to wear to my brother's wedding in March. It is so cute. I can't wait to see him in it. Sorry, no pictures of the suit yet; we'll all have to wait until the wedding for those. Of course the majority of you who read this will get to see it in person (yay!), but I'll post pictures for the rest of you.

This morning we tried a new church in the Houston area. It's the best one we've visited yet--other than my parents' church in Dallas. I think we've decided that's a bit of a drive on Sunday mornings, though, so we'll probably visit the church from this morning again instead. It was extra appealing to visit this morning; we met up with a college friend of mine whom I've re-met through the world of blogging (check out Lauren's blog through the links on the left). Her parents coincidentally attend this church near us, and she was visiting with them for the weekend. It's always easier to attend a church where I already know someone. It will be interesting to see what the church is like when she's not around. The people were friendly enough that I still think it will be a good experience.

Two more random things: For those of you keeping track, that makes church two weeks in a row. It's been a long time since we've done that. Also, Matt's parents who were down here for the weekend live in the same small west Texas town as Lauren. That means we live in the same town as her parents, and she lives in the same town as Matt's parents. What are the odds of that, I wonder?

Matt has the day off tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to spending another weekend day with him. I love it when he's home with me all day. Too bad at least one of us has to work...

Labels: , ,



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is such a doll! or should I say dog?? These will be pictures he'll be proud of when he's a teenager! ; )

Blogger Lauren said...

Kathy,

It was so good to see you this morning and finally meet Matt and Patrick. I'm glad that y'all enjoyed the service at Cinco. I always really enjoy it when I come "home."

Will and I just made it home about 30 minutes ago...our plane was slightly delayed (imagine that!). I hope you have a great family day tomorrow.

Blogger Terri said...

Kathy,

It was really nice to meet you, Matt & Patrick in person. I have been enjoying reading your blog and see pictures of your precious Patrick for a few weeks now. It was great to have the connection with Lauren in town. We are always thrilled when she gets to come visit, now it's even more special since Will has come into the world.
We do hope to see you at church again, we have a lot of young families at our church. Again, we'll be happy to be surrogate grandparents any time you need us!
<3 Terri Reed

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Counter